• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade or sell Homelite 750 good runner Also a 650

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uzi

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's a pretty complete good running old saw. I bought it from a saw shop as a builder with some issues it had been run with the muffler loose. It rubbed a big gouge into the cylinder on the exhaust flange. I completely disassembled it had the cylinder welded and milled flat. I went back together with all new tygon lines for fuel and oil, flushed both tanks and de-carboned the piston. Also installed a NOS intake boot. The only issues with the saw are the muffler and JB weld on the handle where it runs down under the bottom of the saw. The muffler is missing the upper portion where the spark screen would be but it does have the section coming out from the cylinder and runs fine as is.

Things I'd trade for 540 or 200T top handles in good working shape, huskys in the 50-95cc range preference given to ported stuff. I really like this saw but in reality I won't use it much if ever and rather than let it sit and collect more dust I'd rather it go to someone who appreciates it.

Picture before clean up I can get some current ones if needed it cleaned up pretty well.
FullSizeRender (15).jpg
This is the cylinder Before the fixFullSizeRender (14).jpg After the fixFullSizeRender (11).jpg
Piston
FullSizeRender (13).jpg
FullSizeRender (12).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0846.MOV
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
10-4 better pictures on the way after this weekend. It certainly is not a pretty saw or shelf queen but it isn't clapped out junk either. Did you get the one you had sold? It was a better looker than this one.

Thanks guys I appreciate the tips this is the first vintage saw I've ever brought back to life. I bought it on a whim when I saw it sitting on a dealer shelf covered in dust just because it looked interesting. I didn't know a thing about them until I posted up here to ask what exactly what it was.

BTT This thing needs to go to new home. I've also got a 650 that is in better shape it needs an intake boot/ carb rebuild piston is great and muffler is complete. Would sell them together or separate

Dang, fellas, how can you get hurt at 300? Even if you used it as a parts saw it's worth that.

You cannot but the problem is all the folks that appreciate the 750 already have one and the new crowd does not

Toss good ole magnesium up here and there is no interest.

For gosh sakes I threw a 820 up and NOT ONE message

You cannot but the problem is all the folks that appreciate the 750 already have one and the new crowd does not

Toss good ole magnesium up here and there is no interest.

For gosh sakes I threw a 820 up and NOT ONE message
I'd love to have it but just don't have the $$$. Would also like to get my hands on a xl925. I may put this 064 together and see if I can trade it to a good homelite!!

Latest posts

Back