• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold (or trade) NOS Stihl 038 crankcase (Std.?/Super?/Mag?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a new old stock 038 crankcase that includes the case halves, fasteners, and bearings that are already installed. It has the original plastic bag and comes in the original box although the box has seen better days. The part number on the box is 1119 020 2109. In mediaCAT that part number shows up as being an 038 Magnum or Magnum II. However, with some feedback from a helpful member in a thread I started I think this may not be of the Magnum variety, but rather for the other sub-models; Standard, Super, or Farm Boss.

I'm told that the cylinder mount hole spacing is the notable difference in cases. To be clear, I'm not claiming with certainty that this is any specific sub-model. I'll provide the approximate cylinder mounting hole spacing and will leave it up to any prospective buyers/traders to verify it's what they need. The left/right spacing of the bolt hole centers on this assembly is about 47mm. The front/back spacing of the bolt hole centers is about 51mm.

This is NOS, but these are still available from the factory and the retail price is around $180.

I'm asking $100 + the actual cost of shipping & insurance. I’m willing to ship anywhere domestically or internationally.

I’m willing to consider partial or full trade offers in case someone has something I could use or flip. My main criteria are that trades would need to be Stihl brand and chainsaw related.

Preferred payment method is PayPal “Friends or Family” or add 3% to the total for processing fees.

038 Crankcase_1.JPG 038 Crankcase_2.JPG 038 Crankcase_3.JPG

Back