• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Oregon 24549-S DuraMax Heavy Duty Chain Rivet Spinner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Oregon model 24549-S DuraMax Heavy Duty Chain Rivet Spinner
$75 ($15 USPS Priority shipping in US)

Includes 'A' and 'B' take-up handles and spinner anvils for 1/4", .325", 3/8', and .404" saw chains.
Optional adaptor kit (P/N 108742) required for 3/4" pitch chains (not included).
Includes Owner's / Instruction Manual.

'Next-to-new' condition.
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg

Philbert

Oregon model 24549-S DuraMax Heavy Duty Chain Rivet Spinner
$75 ($15 USPS Priority shipping in US)

Includes 'A' and 'B' take-up handles and spinner anvils for 1/4", .325", 3/8', and .404" saw chains.
Optional adaptor kit (P/N 108742) required for 3/4" pitch chains (not included).
Includes Owner's / Instruction Manual.

'Next-to-new' condition.
View attachment 868338
View attachment 868339
View attachment 868336
View attachment 868341

Philbert
I understand that it's been gone for some time, I'm just interested to know why you parted with it.

What brand/model have you settled on?
There certainly are boatloads of copies out there, and the "Genuine" Oregon range from -seems like- tougher than nails (but STILL hiding(?) a "made in china" marking), along with A model vs B model, Italian in origin -worthwhile vs krap- too.
I've learned over time that combination(s) -anything- tend to too often come across as compromises, ect. .
Is there something out there (-spinner- ONLY) that will be worth time looking for/tracking down ?
The cast style -seem- like there might be worth an extra value, but auditioning multiple "meh" , or worse, outright losers, takes up too much valuable attention.
-And- I just HATE wading through crappy tools.
I try to search on and read everything I can find about offerings before purchase, these fixtures perform a mean purpose in a ideally small area, and the concept surely has been around long enough for someone to have gotten it right to a point where replacement wouldn't ever need to be considered,
The anvils look to be developed to simplicity's sake, now if I could just determine the particular brand/model worth having for toughness sake.

I clued into the Bailey's (Woodland Pro (?) ) and am wondering if you could help to understand the benefit involved in the "take up" side of the tool having that large ribbed black -wheel- with the 3/8 square drive-ratchet socket .
From what I could see in the Bailey-provided instruction sheet, this spinner has capacity to set rivets on more/larger(?) sized chain than would be found on hand-operated chain saws (?).
Comes across as having more versatility than common (copied by everyone) rivet spinning jigs.
On top of it all, that ForesterShop I've mentioned in a few of my posts includes it in their catalog too (East coast & Midwest warehousing).
I've also realized one aspect of the -cast-Oregon Duramax that doesn't seem to fly, and it's that the chain support s aren't incorporated, and they seem sort of important.
Might see one winging it's way to my shop when available again (got to imagine the shipments are in a Customs circumstance somewhere for now).
Do you bother with spare anvil(s) on hand, and if so which?

Done, copied the observation & associated Woodland Pro inquiry and moved to the thread - rivet-spinner-chain-breaker-brands.345497 -
I apologize. Lost track of my train of thought and continued in that dead end closed classified.

Back