• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Oregon 511a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
Reaction score
Got this from the original owner, who used it only to sharpen his own chains for firewood cutting. Motor runs quiet and smooth, pretty clean and lightly used for being several years old. Will come with 3 extra wheels, the 3/16" is brand new never mounted, the other two (1/8" and 1/4" for depth gauges) measure about 5 5/8", plus the 3/16" wheel on the grinder. Sorry, no tools or instruction manual. I would like $275 shipped to lower 48.
image_1.jpeg image.jpeg image_2.jpeg image_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg

i honestly dont know. i have no use for a grinder, but people seem to like these. They are now NLA and replaced by the 511ax, which has had some mixed reviews it seems like. I know one is made in china, the other made in italy :D

Do these do a significant better job than a timber tuff?

I have this exact grinder. LOVE IT! Made in Italy and IMO the best one that Oregon makes for the money. Has all of the power and quality of the older versions, without the "Self Centering Vise" gimmicks of the AX. Once set up right, these grinders are very impressive. Owners Manual PDF and replacement parts list (all parts still 100% available) is downloadable for free on Oregon's website. I'll try to attach it here too. I advise to buy the Wheel Shaping Stone and the Wheel Contour (shape) Guide, you can get both for under $10 total. The wheels are very long lasting and durable while mounted, but you have to keep their shape up from time to time. Off the grinder, they are very fragile and crack like thin glass. Like he said, they ain't cheap $25-$30 each, so this is a good deal including them. You will not be disapointed in thee quality, power or functionality of this tool.

http://www.baileysonline.com/PDF/Oregon511amanual_english.pdf

So no dressing stone or wheel template? You need those to keep the wheels true. Looks like new stones can be found for $10-15, but those wheel templates will be extremely hard to find, unless you buy the unit new. Any way to contact the original owner to get the missing tools?

Latest posts

Back