Oregon d196 mount on a husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman204

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Silly question, being a stihl guy most of my life I'm new to the whole oregon bar mount numbers.

Can I run a D196 bar on a large mount husky?

My buddy gave me a 20" NOS oregon power match bar saying it should be usable on my husky 365 maybe with some mods.

Heres a few pics of the numbers on it, it doesnt list the guage or drive link count.

WgGCEtv.jpg
zU1aKoN.jpg

I mounted it with a 72 dl stihl 33rs chain I had and it seemed to oil fine and fit alright. After mounting it I noticed it was at the end of the adjuster but the chain tensioned fine.

I cut some wood with it and it seemed to oil fine.

Went to mount the bar to my 562xp and the chain is way too long for that set up even though the 562 and 365 are the same mount amd both saws have 7 pin drive sprockets.

So now I'm confused.

I'm now thinking this bar is not for a husky?

Anybody have any info??

Maybe a custom chain os needed for the 562xp?

Well then that solves that!

Shes an echo or oldschool jonsered bar.

It does mount and oil on my 365 just fine. Perhapse I'll grab a 70 link lgx chain and run it for a bit and see what happens.

Im going to buy a power match or maybe a versacut bar for my 562 as thats the saw I plan to run 90% during this years firewood season.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back