OSHA requirements help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.Co181Inf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK, I'm a newer small trees service, it's just 2 of us, but at some point we're going to hire my partner's kid or 2. I have always been under the understanding and been told, if OSHA shows up and you don't have documented training for your guys, such as chainsaw safety, chipper operation, etc... fines will ensue
Our checks and balances lady ( my partners wife, very smart, but knows squat about tree stuff) tried telling me we don't need to do that stuff for OSHA, so why spend the money on TCIA training courses that will get guys, and us, certifications.
she's the ..look everything up on the internet type and if you don't find an answer, must be fine type. I on the other hand have heard of companies getting fined, and am not willin got take chances, plus, whats wrong with extra safety training.
What's the deal

Osha doesn't really care about couple guy outfits unless a serious injury or death is involved (means $$ to them).

Only time I've heard of needing osha training is having to show proof if doing a job for a big outfit, like land clearing for a mine, power company, etc.

If it was my son he'd go get trained so we'd actually listen to him, but more cause it would kill me if he was hurt by not knowing safest way My $ .02

You can in no way be hurt by taking the courses, except to your pocket a bit. If you can afford them take them.
They also make good training for green guys you bring on in the future.

Latest posts

Back