Outdoor wood stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was too lazy to read the whole thread, but does anyone have a heat exchanger that can get some energy out of the fluegas on regular wood boilers?

At 50-60% efficent, anything you could get would seem to help.

treeco if your furance has a pilot light then the cold air from the A/C would cause the heat exchanger sweat and would rust it out...but your is an 80% furance so it is spark or hot surface ingition...but you well still get a little sweating just from the inside air(of your house)...the A/C should have been in the supply rather than in the return...if you ever have the furnace change have them move it to the supply

man 21k little pricey in my book

the pipe is'nt hard to work with at all 5" ditch it all you need and the longest it has took to get it in the ditch and in the house and up in the stove was about 30 min"s and done

the pipe is'nt hard to work with at all 5" ditch it all you need and the longest it has took to get it in the ditch and in the house and up in the stove was about 30 min"s and done
When i installed mine I thought the same thing. poblem was I ran into solid rock a 18". I ended up rerouting the the pipe around the rock, but it took much longer then 30 min. The crazy thing is that after this last ordeal i am considering relocating my boiler. When i do i am going to go with the pipe Ghitch sells as its flexable and has a higher R value than the stuff I used.
Got anymore info on the boilers your designing, Ghitch?

Hello All.

This is the mfg. of the Liberator I understand that some of you have Concerns about our product, Please understand this a commercial size unit for big heating jobs 30,000 plus sq. This price is a fair price for a unit of this size and quality, it also comes with additional equipment to control and plumb in 5 zones. Other mfgs. units are half what our unit is and range between 19,999 to 31,500 and as high as 45,700 again we heat 30,000 plus sq. this unit is the result of 3 years of R and D, and a lot of market research.
If you have any other valid questions I will be glad to answer them.

thanks

sticker shock!!!

i think (speaking for myself...not the group) that the sticker shock on something that big is what hit me first... i applaud the quick interlude though i think i just found that yesterday on an ebay search and posted it for the other guys to be sticker shocked also...it doesn't make spending 5-7k on a home unit all that unreasonable. i know i know...30,000 sq. ft. and all, but come on...$21k??? the price of steel hasn't gone up that much has it?? so what do you guys have for residential units?? are they draft or induced? and how much do those run? what does the insides of these things look like?

our unit that will do 30,000sft is a little over 12 grand so 21 grand is way out there and i could have one setting at your door in a coulpe days

30" x30" door

wood length 64"

water cap. 620 gallon

induction blower 300cfm

and yes pipe boy steel has went up alot(thanks to china) our boilers have went up 500 buc's at the first of the year

There is a lot of Steel in that unit it weighs 9128 empty (dry) then add 10,200
lbs of water, and a 3 day load of hardwood at 4000 lbs. 23,337 total. This unit is built to support such a load while working in industrial conditions by employees who don't own them. Not to mention the labor involved. Labor Is the killer. I think you guys cut trees and were all thankfull for that, but a gallon of gas 2.20 and oil is a 1.50 a quart and it still costs 1,000 avg. to drop an chew up a good sized maple or oak. Again were back to Labor cost and Quality . Simply put you could buy a Polan 16" 34cc at 120.00 or a husqvarna 385 6.hp for 800.00. Each will work well, but which one would you, or the other guys want in your tool chests as pro's.

thanks

in my online search for bigger and better i also came up with one of these...interesting theory i thought. but i got an email from the guy that makes them after i emailed a few more ?'s and he said that if it's outside that it needs an insulated shelter over it. even though it looks as though it may be more efficcient...it definetely looks like something any average welder could whip out in a month in his own garage...i mean look at the heat exchangers...they remind me of the old thermogrates for fireplaces. all my ranting and i forgot the website...www.rohor.com...check it out!

well ill just jump in since im a nosey woman anyway lol my dad bought one its med sized sits about 15 ft from his house and about the same to my brothers it heats both houses it can take 4 ft pieces of wood ( we dont do that) its as big as me and my sil! lol we cant lift them in! its the best money he ever spent! i cant remember what the price was i think 4000.00 they did the concrete to set it on it heats all the hw, and it is HOT AS HADES!!! when we had 2 woodstoves for my mom and dad we cut 60 FULL cords in the summer and ran out in feb here in ny!!! now we just split it stack it and throw it in in the am and before everyone goes to sleep...but ya cant let it get below 170 degrees! cant wait for dad to put the steel building up for all the wood! lol oh by the way NEVER EVER put plastic or styrofoam in them it will burn a whole in the side or top quicker than h### and there is no patching these! get one you wont regret it ( and if your married no mess inside) lol

i know...but you can only dig the lines into your house in the summer ;)
and besides i would like to get at least ten cords of wood this summer so it will be at least partly seasoned for not this next winter but the one after. i also am building a 20' x12' x8' tall shelter for the wood to be stored under. and that will be right next to the pad that i'm going to pour for the unit. which i beleive to be about 120' from the house!!

i other words....gotta lot of work to do...getting bored of talking about...want to start rolling up my sleeves don't ya know!!

outdoor wood stove

sorry i had other things to do and couldnt get back here. im not sure of the model i know that it eats wood..because i cut 1/2 of it! my dad is almost 70 and my mom cant do it anymore. no hes had absolutely no problems with it except for when they go away and my aunt forgets to fill it then no more hot water...duh! its the best thing theyve ever bought. actually sometimes cutting wood for it is calming if you can believe that! hubby bought us a cheapy woodstove (i wanted airtight) but nooooo he couldnt do that but it has saved serious money we spent 60.00 in fuel instead of 6-700.00 this year, plus the wood is free and if we did run out i am a loggers daughter after all ;) lol just a joke

Back