OWB Payback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If ya got to justify it with her, ask her how she likes extremely hot showers. Kepps you young just a little longer when that hot water soothes the tired bones. I'm a 100% proponent of wood fired heat. I like the dual fuel ones Heatmor and probably some others have out that can also heat with waste oil. Now that would be nice for back up.

Hey wilkommen back to wood cutting and to ArboristSite!

No, I just have to justify it with me, she trusts my decisions. I don't trust places that don't list the price for things and that is the first thing I noticed about Heatmor. I have propane now so if I add wood then I'm dual fuel.

John

No, I just have to justify it with me, she trusts my decisions. I don't trust places that don't list the price for things and that is the first thing I noticed about Heatmor. I have propane now so if I add wood then I'm dual fuel.

John

That seem like an odd reason not to trust someone. Some organizations ultimately respect the dealer network; some are purely motivated by volume. I can call Heatmor and speak to the founder of the company. Steel is a commodity. I would want to state prices on a current market basis. When I found Heatmor back in the early nineties, I called and they sent out a manilla envelope full of nomenclature including prices. At the dealer was a better deal than list. If the dealer wants to make a deal, he can deal with that. Don't be superstitious, be meek.

There are used ones out there too. Can be a quicker payback or like me gives me time to build my own and get some realistic ideas on what does and doesn't work. I want to build my own but just don't have time right now so I bought a couple and will hook one up this summer if I have time. The other one I will refurbish and sell to help pay for my home built one. The blue tank is the start of my home built one. The stove inside my shop is a old Fawcett that works great. The big owb is a Pacific Western stainless. The smaller owb is a 94 Dahl that needs some work but I got the pumps, copper piping and an exchanger with it. Going to redo them including sprayfoam, I figure spray foaming 3 at the same time will save me some money.
View attachment 287699View attachment 287700View attachment 287701View attachment 287702View attachment 287703

Last edited:
That seem like an odd reason not to trust someone. Some organizations ultimately respect the dealer network; some are purely motivated by volume. I can call Heatmor and speak to the founder of the company. Steel is a commodity. I would want to state prices on a current market basis. When I found Heatmor back in the early nineties, I called and they sent out a manila envelope full of nomenclature including prices. At the dealer was a better deal than list. If the dealer wants to make a deal, he can deal with that. Don't be superstitious, be meek.

Structural steel prices over the last few years has not varied more than $50 a ton so that is not much of a factor. As easy as it is to update a web site to at least show the suggested price always looks better to me. Far too often when a salesman dodges around the price he is fishing to see how much he can get from you. Heatmor might be the best out there...

John

Back