OWB/Propane furnace runs non stop with no flame and no hot water?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggysmb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I came home after a weekend away to a 58 degree house. The blower was running but no flame. I let it run for a while to see if it shut off and did not after 10-15 min. The LED lights on control board flashed green which shows "open limit fault" on the door.

I turned it off for a while, replaced air filter and turned back on. It started up like normal but no flame came and I let it run another 20 minutes. It never once tried to restart or cycle like it thought the flame was going strong.

I also have an outdoor wood boiler. The only way the furnace would run non stop would be if the aquastat was telling the furnace there was hot water in the radiator. Could it be possible the aquastat is bad?

Under normal operating conditions, if there was hot water in the radiator and the furnace just circulating air, would the control board show "open limit fault" as a way to keep the flame off?

I did test the limit switches with multimeter and both started at 300 ohms and went quickly down to .4 and .2 but never showed the 0.L of a faulty switch. I pulled the carbide ignitor and it read 80 Ohms which looks to be a good reading.

Any ideas on what could be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back