OWB's under fire in CT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Blumenthal was truly concerned with pollution,

He would keep his pie hole shut. No one with the possible exception of Don Williams and Chris Dodd puts out more BS than AG Blumenthal.

It would seem to me his time would be better spent fighting the proposed prison inmate early release program than picking on a very small percentage of the total population that reduces our foreign oil dependence by heating with wood.

Take Care

Its cause people put one in gated communities and people wine and #####. Stupid! why don't we ban cars and buses they make toxins?

Seriously...what are the toxins in woodsmoke? Are there any more or less than what you get from burning fuel oil?

Can you imagine what the first settlers in America would have said if you told them that one day the government would forbid them from heating their cabins with firewood?

I wonder what role the lack of sales tax has with getting politicians upset with the use of firewood?

Sure glad mine's in a shed now, I'll just call it my indoor wood boiler :)

Nobody near me to complain about any smoke anyway.

From what I have seen, CT is a pretty liberal progressive state. I am sure people using OWB's there are relatively few in number compared to the rest of the citizens. OWB users there need to start lobbying their reps.

I live in PA and the DEP is proposing some pretty sucky regs on OWB's. Like having a chimney 2 feet higher than the highest point on ANY house within 500 feet.

I have no problem with common sense regulations but outright bans and unreasonable regulation get my dander up!

I can never understand the problems people have with OWB's I have a homebuilt and mine smokes very little if any more than my inside wood burner.

probably using pollution to cover up the fact they're hand in hand with the gas companies for those townships....

Stuff like this is the prime reason why I'm considering leaving CT. People move here from NYC and decide that they don't like the way life is here, so they use the money they have to but votes from crooked power hungry politicians to make laws that make them happy. Soon we will be nothing but a rural version of the cesspool that is NYC.

OWB's are under fire now, because a handful of these douchey- transplants has decided that they don't like wood smoke, another group are so called do gooders that believe all the hype about health concerns. Government aside from the reason their cash suppliers have, also dislike them because they cant exhibit control the same way the can with other fuels. Electricity, Oil, and propane are all taxed commodities and are regulated, there will never be an efficient way to regulate or tax firewood, as people who have their own property will always be able to jump a loophole.

Either way, our AG knows where his power comes from, the money from these idiots, so he will cater to them rather then address serious issues that plague the state.

Us in CT need to stick together, we need to fight these #######s, and we need to vote for people that have our interests in mind, we need to start an effort to fight this now, or it will be another right lost.

I find it ironic in the article they make repeated comparisions to cigarettes...are they next? Where do we draw the line of government power and rule? I still think OWBS should be regulated on a case by case basis,as necessary.If they are as bad as cigarettes,why are they ok? At least an outdoor wood furnace is accomplishing something,its heating a home,using renewable wood,thats usually dead already,and rotting,unlike a cigarette which,takes valuable resourses to make,and distribute,has a waste product classified as HAZMAT,and only hurts the health,and pocket of the user,and and everyone around them.Only difference is with cigarettes,usually the "chimney" of a cigarette is smaller,but theres at least 2-3 at any given time immediately outside the entrance door if every restaurant,store,and shop Ive ever entered.Esp anything with an overhang,I think smokers like to have there smoke hang around there for all to breathe.Upon leaving you have to hold your breathe for the first 100 ft,esp this time of the year.
So if OWBS go,you smokers better be careful,you could be next....if it werent for the millions in illegally imposes taxes,and "sin taxes" you pay,thats whats saving smokers from the axe as well.

Last edited:
Thankfully Dodd will be gone soon, and hopefully ####bag liberman right behind him.
Im becoming more and more found of Linda McMahon, seeing that she's not a career politician, shes just as sick of the rest of them as we are.

I heard old ####y B. spouting his garbage on the way to work today and the first thing that came to my mind was "I wonder what the guys at AS will think about this?" If you don't think indoor wood stoves are next your kidding yourself. My neighbor down the street put a OWB in a couple of years ago. If they get banned how's he going to recoup hos cost? He's not a rich guy.This is what gets me: Blumenthal thinks he has the RITE to tell people how they can and cannot heat their homes on there own property that they pay taxes on to pay HIS salary!!! THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE, LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS? I'm ready to paint my face blue and run around my yard naked screaming "FREEDOM!":dizzy:

I heard old ####y B. spouting his garbage on the way to work today and the first thing that came to my mind was "I wonder what the guys at AS will think about this?" If you don't think indoor wood stoves are next your kidding yourself. My neighbor down the street put a OWB in a couple of years ago. If they get banned how's he going to recoup hos cost? He's not a rich guy.This is what gets me: Blumenthal thinks he has the RITE to tell people how they can and cannot heat their homes on there own property that they pay taxes on to pay HIS salary!!! THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE, LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS? I'm ready to paint my face blue and run around my yard naked screaming "FREEDOM!":dizzy:

ones in place are grandfathered in, that's what i herd anyway.

If something is declared "public health hazard" I don't think there will be any grandfathering. The issue of the bill will be to satisfy the complainers, and keeping the offending owb's in use will not do that. I wouldn't do a 10 grand installation right now, but thats just me.

ones in place are grandfathered in, that's what i herd anyway.

Locally,one if the reasons I obtained a building permit was the above.If they outlaw them at a local level,I will be grandfathered because it is a legally installed,inspected,documented existing structure.OWB's installed without proper permits,and documentation will need to be removed in 60 days.I do not know what would happen if the EPA banned them at a federal,or state level,but I would think Id be in the best position to keep it as its legal,and preexisting,combined with my adequete acreage and distance from other homes.

so far.................

Thankfully Dodd will be gone soon, and hopefully ####bag liberman right behind him.
Im becoming more and more found of Linda McMahon, seeing that she's not a career politician, shes just as sick of the rest of them as we are.

she has my vote!

Back