Pacific Northwest GTG 2019

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pacific Northwest GTG. We have doing this since Booker Dog ! Always room for "Newbies" ! Give us a try! PM me for details.........Bob

Hey Bob, how far are you off of I-5?

I've been helping out another account down in Medford, Last week and this week, I live on Mt. Hood, and I'm heading home :happybanana::dancing::blob2: Friday after work, I might be tempted to swing through for a quick stop, to meet some forum members on my way home, depending on what time I get off work.

The wife already took the saws home, but I will be dragging 2 cords of Nice wood from along 5, just south of Drain, that we cut last Saturday. That firewood is traveling way more than makes any sense, but, we wanted to do some cutting, and I had been drooling over all that wood along the 5 for months. The company is paying my travel time, and vehicle mileage, so what the heck, I brought the trailer and some saws.

Doug :cheers:
Husky Man

Hey Bob, how far are you off of I-5?

I've been helping out another account down in Medford, Last week and this week, I live on Mt. Hood, and I'm heading home :happybanana::dancing::blob2: Friday after work, I might be tempted to swing through for a quick stop, to meet some forum members on my way home, depending on what time I get off work.

The wife already took the saws home, but I will be dragging 2 cords of Nice wood from along 5, just south of Drain, that we cut last Saturday. That firewood is traveling way more than makes any sense, but, we wanted to do some cutting, and I had been drooling over all that wood along the 5 for months. The company is paying my travel time, and vehicle mileage, so what the heck, I brought the trailer and some saws.

Doug :cheers:
Husky Man
Always welcome! We are about 14 miles east on 194A right on the Mckenzie.

Hey John, too chicken to say where your going to be? Going to miss you!
Omaha and Utah for D-Day +75
IMG_0020.JPG Then on to ....

IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
Still sad that I couldn't attend both events, but coming to the Paris Airshow as an AIA/DoD staff was an opportunity of a lifetime.
It's raining in Paris right now, it's just like being home.

The gtg is this coming weekend, June 21st through the 24th.
Please contact @Farley9n for directions.
Attended the Pacific Northwest GTG today for the first time. Most fun I've had in a long long time. Great venue, great people and great saws. Thanks to everyone for being so willing to share good information and for letting me run some saws I hadn't ever imagined I would get to run. Thanks especially to Bob for hosting this really cool event.

I stopped by for a few to purchase some saws from @bigbadbob and he introduced me to some of you on here. I am deffiantly going to make it next year. Especially after meeting all the nice folks and seeing all them old McCulloch 125s my eyes lit up lol. Special thanks to canada bob for selling me some very nice stihl saws at a more than reasonable price tag.

20190623_165956.jpg @rocketnorton my payload, 2x ms660s original arctics (1 is decomp delete jug with base gasket delete and the other has new seals ) 1 flat top 044 (slant fin) and a 024 short stroke case and head

He tossed in the following just beacuse he is a hell of a nice guy.

25 inch stihl bar with new tip and brand new chain, a spare 066 carb.

View attachment 743047 @rocketnorton my payload, 2x ms660s original arctics (1 is decomp delete jug with base gasket delete and the other has new seals ) 1 flat top 044 (slant fin) and a 024 short stroke case and head

He tossed in the following just beacuse he is a hell of a nice guy.

25 inch stihl bar with new tip and brand new chain, a spare 066 carb.
Both 066 have new oem seals and slugs/rings,

Rocketnorton did the welding on the dawg ear on that 044,, he does the best work,,,

It was a pleasure to meet you.

On the way home I received a email/PM (while taking a room at Randle WA.) from a member on the other site and picked up two saws for him,,
The GTG was excellent as always.

No, he means quite literally "jacked up" -- they leveled my truck while I was in the shower and I ruined the gag by dropping my coffee cup and spotting the blocks under my axle!

At least they didn't attach a 3/8's inch thick Cable tie to the yoke of a U joint on your driveshaft.

Or did they?

Latest posts

Back