Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My son in law "T" and I are hosting a GTG here at my place on the 12th & 13th of June. Our location is just a few miles east of Springfield, Oregon between Cedar Flats and Walterville on the Mckenzie River. I've picked up some extra logs and dropped 6 trees here to support the fun! There are still some even bigger chunks coming so that the older 100cc plus drones will have something to do. We plan on using "T"'s mill to make some popular sized cants for the racers amoung us. For those that want to try climbing we have two 18-20 inch dia. trees within 40' of each other. I have picked up 4 double bit axes and will have a big Cedar round as a target just in case anyone thinks they can hit it.
I will be setting up a select few of the logs and set some benchmark cut times with my own saws and if/when beaten by a similar cc saw will earn a beer.
Because my barn/shop looks like something the "American Chainsaw Pickers" could build a program around I will be giving away lots of saws and"stuff" that I am never really going to get to!
Real close parking will be limited but there is plenty of parking within a couple hundred yards. I also have room for camping and RV's if needed.
If any of the above interest you and you think you can make it or have specific questions just PM me and I will do my best to answer.......:cheers:.......Bob

PS. Looking forward to seeing our friends from previous GTG's and meeting a crop of new ones!

Bob-

I might be able to make it up for that one. I'll be teaching an Air Ops class over at Eugene BLM around that time anyways and will most likely be staying with a friend in Walterville. I'm guessing on the climbing you'd be wanting guys to look at foot-locking or some other spurless entry? if I do make it I can provide some door prices and contest prizes as well (i.e., new chains, bars, saw parts, maybe a rebuilt saw of some kind.)

I had to headlock my boss, I do have that time off, I will be there. Can I drop by Friday night? I'm pretty worthless but I can help you keep the fire going.
I have a box or two of chainsaw stuff to trade or give away, maybe a saw or two as well.

Id love to come out and meet some of you from the PNW, but I dont think its gonna happen anytime soon.

Please get us some pictures, Im sure there will be plenty of interesting saws, and people there.

Hey Little Possum! It is a long ways but I have your Husky's covered (except for the 359) and will let mine do the talking for you!

S H, most of the people you ask about the 680's want to buy them from you. Mine is nearly stock but I have a couple apart and have noticed that they are not all the same at the case and lower transfers......Bob

Something for Gologit

attachment.php
Here's a picture for you Bob.
Hope that's not another red X

SH...I will let my 680 do the talking for you too. :cheers: Ha! With my saws doing all this talking for others......they could owe a lot of beer......:)....Bob

I'm thinking The Barbie Saw will be there. I'll have to go through my junk and see what is worthy to bring. How about an old washing machine? Some water filled slick tires? :)

Insurance !

At these GTG's there is always a concern about someone getting hurt (for real or for profit). To address that problem I went to my insurance company for advice. It's an older company with an excellent record for seldom having to pay claims. Here are are a couple pictures of their talented "field" adjusters. Because we are looking to have participants from our south one of the pictures is of the California branch.
attachment.php

attachment.php

After seeing these "adjusters" I hope GTGer's will be more than willing to sign waivers...........:cheers:.......Bob

Shower & Bathroom!!!!????

Hell! I'm going to have one of them there modern fiberglass/plastic out door bathrooms with a real seat and even a hand sanitizer! For bathing, why you can just walk on down to the river, hang your stuff on the "Brass Monkey Warning Signs" and splash around till you are just as clean as a new born scream!
Don't Get No Better Than That...........:jawdrop:.........Bob

Back