Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhett sure did a good job with his photos. To see more go to the Facebook page. Pacific Northwest GTG. I think he is going to put all of them on a disc. If I get one I'll make copies!
Randy.....You didn't hurt the 372 after all. I pulled the muffler because I thought it had over heated and pinned a ring but it all looked good inside and passed a compression test. Still runs good. May have been running out of fuel.
By the way I forgot to give you the Mac 35. Next time!!!

Nathan I sent you a THANKS on that 410 but not sure you got it. The email came back to me! Congratulations on getting that old Homelite running. How about some pictures.....( I may still have the bar & chain for it )
Did see the nice W/T words......THANKS!

Eric....I do have the rest of that Pioneer. I'll set it aside for you!

Brian...Or whatever the heck your name is......How come I still have all those Stihl 031 &32 parts?????

Adam.....Did Lynette get that antique piece? Liz wants to know.

Still comming down from a GREAT WEEK END.......THANKS AGAIN & AGAIN EVERY ONE ......................Bob & Liz

Dang...........looks like I missed a grand time. Gonna try for next year. I have a Mac35A that I'll give to Randy if I make it up his way before he makes it up to Cedar Flat again. Heck.......he has the bar and chain from that saw already. They were part of the deal when I bought my first C5 from him. Or are you talkin' about the little teeny Mac that's also called a 35? My 35A is the old bevel-drive watering can lookin' thing. Anywho...............it's Randy's if he wants it...

Yep, the watering can and or door prop and or drift boat anchor, I have two of them.

Well...........you'll have three of them my friend once I make my way up north. I've got no use for the dang thing. I believe there's a feller on CCCF that's making diaphragms for them. Freshen the carb and reunite it with that bar and chain...

Yep, the watering can and or door prop and or drift boat anchor, I have two of them.

door stops huh :monkey:

was wundering what I could use these for :laugh:

CIMG1180.jpg

The email came back to me! Congratulations on getting that old Homelite running. How about some pictures.....( I may still have the bar & chain for it )
Did see the nice W/T words......THANKS!

Got that e-mail at work, so all's well.

Sprocket on that 7-23 is 1/2" pitch, so I'm looking for something more like .404" to make use of more available chain. I'm gonna go up north and see what Sawbones' collection has for bits & pieces probably next weekend or the next. Pics are coming, for sure... especially if I do decide on a restoration.

As for that Wild Thing -- I think it pretty much speaks for itself!

I plan on it!!!!

Aside from all the chainsaw fun we had I never got the chance to call the food court "The Rat Hole"!!!
Hope you make some of the next ones...........Bob.....:cheers:

Ps....more pictures on FaceBook....Pacific Northwest GTG.....:clap:

I 'm gonna do my best to make the next one,,,,, (Beer)

I recently flew up to Seattle to drive a car home, I made three plane changes. While waiting to board at SFO, some guy hollers "Hey are you RandyMac?" He had recognized me from the photos posted on Facebook, the PNW GTG. His name is Tim, he was looking for someone else, found me, laughed at avatar, looked to see what I was up to. He found the GTG pics, and it went from there. The first thing to run through my mind when he hollered at me? "Dammit, and me with no gun" His pretty little wife rolled her eyes, a lot, appearently we have a possible vintage chainsaw convert. I left him with the best advice I could in such a short time, get the yellow and black first.
My thanks to all who took photos and posted them, now I am not safe anywhere LOL:)

Been gone a while folks

Howdy! My computer crashed the day I left for the GTG, and it should be out of the shop soon. I opted to buy a new grinder first, then fix the computer. Atleast I have my priorities straight. I am quite relieved the Spring Chinook are gone from my river, now I can quit chasing them and get some rest. Have been cutting some nice timber. A few substantials here and there. Have a unit of 3-4 footers, and very tall coming up. I hope the rotation works out so I get to cut it. We'll see where all of us cutters are at with our strips. New camera will follow me up there! :cheers:

Mr. Farley,

You and your wife are salt of the earth people...really nice folks to say the least. Your wife is in the top 5 of nicest wives I have ever met in my life. After she packed me a plate of leftovers and drinks for the road I couldn't resist giving her a big hug and calling her Mom. You guys are top notch.

Who was that crazy dude with the beard, running all of the Phil's saw shop saws? You know who I am talking about? I came dressed in Kaki shorts and a plain tee shirt. He looked at me with that crazy high eyebrow and squeezed my left bi-cep quite hard after I told him I was a log cutter. I laughed. I get that alot. I seem to not fit the stereo type timber faller when I meet people I guess. I am a whole nother person in the woods. More savage lol. I tend to swear, spit, curse, smoke, and pack big saws with long bars lol. Even though I dress casual and comfortable at events or when I am out with my sweety in the summer, I am still a WHITE TRASH LOGGER AT HEART. Can't change that, and I don't want to :cheers:

I am pissed I had to show off my saw with those bad chains. They cut like a mother, but the one side was hungrier than the other. My Simington was about shot. I had rebuilt it the best I could. Next year look out folks! I enjoyed Mr. Cedarkerf and I's conversation about full comp. There is no denying how it cuts on a 32. I am running it now on a 34 Cannon Super Bar, and it is still pulling hard. Super cutter Steve told me a few tricks to getting the chip clearance you need with it and speed.

Last edited:
Who was that crazy dude with the beard, running all of the Phil's saw shop saws? You know who I am talking about? I came dressed in Kaki shorts and a plain tee shirt. He looked at me with that crazy high eyebrow and squeezed my left bi-cep quite hard after I told him I was a log cutter. I laughed. I get that alot.

I did not notice a beard on the guy but I know he was running every saw
there he could get started. :hmm3grin2orange:

CIMG1211-1.jpg

You are very right about our hosts, they and the extended family were a real pleasure to meet.

Dont think I posted this before but here's some more nice folks :)

Brian an Jani saturday nite

CIMG1222.jpg

Somehow, when I heard that shutter click, I knew I wasn't going out live the photo.

Hey Burv, I happy to see that your computer failed, I thought it was something I said.

Does anyone have Ironbark's phone number?

Hey y'all!
Daughter #2 has just landed at Heathrow, and travel companions can't get to meet her from Paris... She is stranded, like a gazillion other folks. Does anyone have Ironbark or Kate's phone number so I can run interference like the interfering mother that I am???

Happy Holidays, everyone!!!

Hi Trinity,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but it was really good to talk to you. Glad it ended well.

Pretty cold here. lots of snow and it got down to about 5F here and a lot colder elsewhere.

Well in just over an hour it's Christmas day, so I'm leaving work soon and hoping there's a bottle of Glenmorangie waiting for me at home.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to everybody there in the PNW.

Colin.

Same To You!

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to all our PNW friends. Hope to see you all and more this coming year. ........WATCH OUT FOR JUNE .......

Bob & Liz

Latest posts

Back