Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is directions from Troutdale.

Turn right to merge onto I-84 E/US-30 E toward Hood River
Continue to follow I-84 E 46.8 mi
44 mins
6. Take exit 64 toward OR-35/White Salmon/Govt. Camp/Mt. Hood Hwy 0.2 mi
7. Turn left at Button Bridge Rd 351 ft
8. Continue on Hood River Bridge
Partial toll road
Entering Washington 1.1 mi
3 mins
9. Turn left at WA-14 1.7 mi
3 mins
10. Turn right at Cook-Underwood Rd 1.9 mi
4 mins
11. Sharp right at Lacock-Kelchner Rd 115 ft
12. Turn left to stay on Lacock-Kelchner Rd 1.3

The add. is 441 Lacock Kelchner The bottom of the driveway has a pointing dog on a stand. There also is a black mailbox with 441 on it

Well, the good news is that I won't need a dog sitter. The bad news is that my good old dog for 14 years had to be euthanized this morning. She had seizure after seizure from 1AM on. She was quite the bear chaser in her day. She kept the bears out of the the neighborhood and chased one away from me that I didn't even know was by me. Tried to bury her at the moneypit but too much rock. My friends have a dog cemetary in a really nice spot and she hung out with the dogs already there. So, I'm kind of teary now.

Well, the good news is that I won't need a dog sitter. The bad news is that my good old dog for 14 years had to be euthanized this morning. She had seizure after seizure from 1AM on. She was quite the bear chaser in her day. She kept the bears out of the the neighborhood and chased one away from me that I didn't even know was by me. Tried to bury her at the moneypit but too much rock. My friends have a dog cemetary in a really nice spot and she hung out with the dogs already there. So, I'm kind of teary now.

Sorry to hear about the dog. It is so tough to lose a dog.

Condolensces on the dog. Sorry to hear. You did the right thing though, don't let em suffer.

Get another real quick, or mebe two.

Indeed, sorry about your dog. I told myself I wouldn't get attached to another dog, but Blackie is here by my side. She's young tho, hopefully has a good 8-10 more years in her providing she doesn't get hit by a car or a bullet.

Ian

Things you can go do.

1 The blossom should still be out on the pear and apple trees in upper parkdale. That is a pretty site

2 You can go up to timberline lodge and see were they filmed the shinning.

3 If your a skier Mt Hood meadow is a hop skip and a jump away.

4 The Dalles Historic museum gets you a pretty good overview of the gorge.

5 Im think parkdale still has the bigfoot museum.

6 You could ride the Mt Hood Railroad dinner train.

7 You could do some boardheading on the river if the wind is blowing

8 Some of the best rivers to kayak on

9 Salmon should be running in the hood and white salmon rivers

10 One of the best places to snowmobile up near Mt Adams with tons of snowmobile trail.

11 Sit around my place and drink beer and swap lies.

There are tons more things to do around here will list more when I think about it.

LOL...Right now Number 11 sounds pretty good.

Well Im in. Got the extra day off. Actually got the whole week off.
Hows the camping or is motel a better bet??
May need a DD.
Does someone want to split a room at the super 8, get back to me ASAP so I can book it.
Does anyone need anything from Canada.
Sorry we are out of igloos and pelts right now!! LOL

The camping in oregon or washington state parks is great. The camping in my field would be okay I guess never done it yet. Wife hasn't been that mad at me. LOL We built a need house up here by our old house. The old one has a shower in it people could use.

Back