Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I was going to BBQ a brisket on the flight, but that new rule about liquids on the flight nixed the starting fluid.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to bring a few bottles of BBQ sauce made by a fellow I know. When he retired from where I work, he started making it full time. He's had a bit of success with it. It's mild, you'll have to add your own fire but IMO there's not much better. A friend of mine even marinates his steaks in it before putting them on the grill.

www.lebayou.net

Ian

Last edited:
I'll try to remember to bring my home made salsa. If you are from the midwest, you'll think it is hot. If you are from here, it is just right. And yup, we do get a day's rain elsewhere in 4 sometimes. A couple of people who tried living here who were from Wisconsin couldn't stand it and moved elsewhere. They said they wanted their rain all at once or none at all. We do such amazing things like sitting around a campfire out in the drizzle, and tarpology can be a nice skill. But Underwood is at a drier place. Might not be any slugs to see there. The Dalles is definitely a drier place. So, you can drive west a few miles and say, Now I'm In the Wet Part, then drive back east and say, Now I'm in the Dry part...
Goodness! Just looked out the door and the ground is all white.

Last edited:
Isn't Hood River a heck of a lot closer?

Yes Lake the hotels in Hood River are alot closer, but with the windsufing craze the rooms are double the rate. The Dalles is about 19 miles and Hood River is about 3 miles just to let people know.
So just to tell everyone Hood River is very close, so you could check the rates on some here also.

I'll try to remember to bring my home made salsa. If you are from the midwest, you'll think it is hot. If you are from here, it is just right. And yup, we do get a day's rain elsewhere in 4 sometimes. A couple of people who tried living here who were from Wisconsin couldn't stand it and moved elsewhere. They said they wanted their rain all at once or none at all. We do such amazing things like sitting around a campfire out in the drizzle, and tarpology can be a nice skill. But Underwood is at a drier place. Might not be any slugs to see there. The Dalles is definitely a drier place. So, you can drive west a few miles and say, Now I'm In the Wet Part, then drive back east and say, Now I'm in the Dry part...
Goodness! Just looked out the door and the ground is all white.

Yep we have the liquid sunshine and alot of people can't stand it. All the better for us.
We aren't made out of sugar so we don't have to worry about melting in a little rain.:hmm3grin2orange:

Just got a call from the wife. Snowing right now suppose to get 4 to 5 inches tonight. I took the plow off the tractor monday:(

Just got a call from the wife. Snowing right now suppose to get 4 to 5 inches tonight. I took the plow off the tractor monday:(

I was disappointed not to find any snow when I woke up this morning but my wife called about 1:00 and said it was snowing at home. :blob2:

I hear it could keep up until Friday. :rock:

Sounds great and what about that stuff that looks like stew or chili that Kentuc is famous for. Saw it on a BBQ show on tv looked good.

I knew a place about an hour's drive off that had something like that. It was good. They were voted best BBQ in KY one year and it was just an overgrown shed in someone's side yard. They only opened once or twice a week for lunch and I think had 2 picnic tables to sit at. 95% of their business was take-out. They closed about 6 or 7 years ago. I found another place that was a small locally owned restaurant out in the sticks that had excellent BBQ, but they tried moving into town and it killed them. I don't know that they ever started back up again. When we go for BBQ anymore, it's usually at Sonny's, a chain restaurant. It's actually not too bad for a chain.

Ian

I knew a place about an hour's drive off that had something like that. It was good. They were voted best BBQ in KY one year and it was just an overgrown shed in someone's side yard. They only opened once or twice a week for lunch and I think had 2 picnic tables to sit at. 95% of their business was take-out. They closed about 6 or 7 years ago. I found another place that was a small locally owned restaurant out in the sticks that had excellent BBQ, but they tried moving into town and it killed them. I don't know that they ever started back up again. When we go for BBQ anymore, it's usually at Sonny's, a chain restaurant. It's actually not too bad for a chain.

Ian

There was a place in The Dalles at one time. It was great BBQ. Divorce and its gone. I miss that place.

Geeze your full of good ideas Andy.:hmm3grin2orange:
I may just do that.
But after the 9 hour drive I may want one nice nite, but maybe not.
Maybe I could get you to make sure I am not led astray and behave.:hmm3grin2orange:
Hmm spend the money on beer or motel!!!
I know what most Canucks would do!!!:D

Back