Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asking forgiveness on Day #20 of my Captivity

This evening, i made a nice friendly call to an AS member and received a not-so-gentle correction that i had not embraced everyone's encouragement here as i should've...

so let me apologize to any of you who i irritated... i am sorry... the majority of AS members are outside-type-of-folks... me? i'm a smoke-filled room sorta gal... which is why i used to drink (i'd heard women looked better after a couple of drinks, so i thought i'd check it out-- and yep, after a couple of drinks, i thought i looked darn good!)... anyway, i digress... my questionable response to most suggestions is all connected to outside folk vs. inside broad. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful... so please forgive me...

so let me update y'all on my captivity... today was Day #20... Mr W got back yesterday afternoon, and for him, the thought me of me not going to work today was just not going to fly... finally, at 11am, he was able to get my car out of the driveway... on the way to work, i bought the needed thread, plus other things to soothe my anguished soul (retail therapy!)... got back home, to find Mr Wonderful on his mini-tractor, finishing up the driveway & parking area... i will be able to leave the property on my own in the morning!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!! I have been set free!!!

So this evening, i completed the quilt tops... more to do, but moving forward...

so back to discussing whatever appeals to you outside folk... and i'll continue to relish the friendships i have here!!! including all the suggestions sent to me... i did appreciate them, even if i didn't act on them...:clap:

This evening, i made a nice friendly call to an AS member and received a not-so-gentle correction that i had not embraced everyone's encouragement here as i should've...

Heh heh heh... that's the PNW for you! But being that you live on a golf course (or near one), why are you appologizing? The PNW will extract our revenge. Or maybe it already has... ;)

I have found that California therapy works better than retail therapy. I am considering Hawaii therapy next.

nah, i'm not the author-- but i sure just belly laughed until i turned blue! Oh, Lakeside, thank you so much... thank you thank you thank you!!!

I suspected that - have seen it before, but don't remember where.....

Good find Andy - you got some rep!

Btw, I can somehow relate to that story these days, lots of snow...:censored:

Eeeee, but up there in Tromsø, there is no sun this time of year. It is above the Arctic Circle. No sun and lots of snow. Burrrrrr! Brain chills! Here I am sitting looking out the living room window panels of the 'guest house' that overlooks the vast Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is blinding me with glare from the sun. Nice clear day here, 60+ degrees... it is just afternoon now, so it is time for a beer. Then I have to play with the owner's new PRO MS260 and cut some trees down.

I looked up Tromsø on the web, and it says that it is called, "the Paris of the North". Also says that Tromsø has a reputation for getting a hell of a lot of snow in winter months. My cousins in Norway call winter the 'dark season'. My father used to go to Norway in February, around his birthday. All of his cousins there thought he was nuts for doing that. Maybe its a cold gene or something? I seem to not have gotten that. I am insane about alpine skiing though. I ski, therefore I am.

Sooooooooo let's return to the True Topic at Hand-- who's bringing what saws to the GTG... and how many dozen cookies slowp is bringing for the Quality Control team to sample??? and what kind of beer & how much Windy needs to bring so enough people can keep him safe from me??? :cheers:

Yeah,,,, Trinity,,,,,important stuff,,,, like what about the Huckleberry Pie,,, and who's gonna make the home made vanilla Ice cream???????:clap: :clap: :cheers: :agree2:

Twinkle had to work yesterday. Twinkle got very very wet. We can make ice cream out of snow, maybe.

attachment.php

Shoveld snow yesterday so the garbage trucks could get in. 2 inches of 50 degree rain last night.. Went to bed - all white; woke up - all green... Maybe it was all a bad dream....

Next bad dream - the lake rose 12 inches last night.. uh oh...

Twinkle had to work yesterday. Twinkle got very very wet. We can make ice cream out of snow, maybe.

Nice photo of JAWS there. The broomstick scares me though. I do not want either of my 361s turned into girlie saws at the GTG...

Last edited:
Nice photo of JAWS there. The broomstick scares me though. I do not want either of my 361s turned into girlie saws at the GTG...

After the 'Wish you wore Here'. Good Luck! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Here I am sitting looking out the living room window panels of the 'guest house' that overlooks the vast Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is blinding me with glare from the sun. Nice clear day here, 60+ degrees... it is just afternoon now, so it is time for a beer. Then I have to play with the owner's new PRO MS260 and cut some trees down.

I am insane about alpine skiing though. I ski, therefore I am.

I'm only approx. 20 miles from Spout Springs, but used to ski Anthony Lakes some of the best powder skiing one will find. :)

So is the state of Warshington cut off? The freeway signs down here in very north California say that I-5 is closed in Washington... :monkey:

attachment.php

1. Twinkle is lookin` good...
2. In the South, we made "snow cream"... always a possibility...; and
3. I agree with MNTAINGAL23 that those shoes look good...

which side of the river are you now-- the home side or the 'rest of the world' side?

So is the state of Warshington cut off? The freeway signs down here in very north California say that I-5 is closed in Washington... :monkey:

yes.. 20 miles of the freeway are underwater. 10 feet deep in some places. No alternative routes. All passes closed.

BTW, we like it this way:greenchainsaw:

Frog and duck weather... well, the snow level is supposed to go down on Mt Hood again today, so I will be happy. If there is a road open to get up there, that is. I do not need to get any farther north than Vancouver, WA in the near future. :)

How is the lake, Lake? :cheers:

Last edited:
Frog and duck weather... well, the snow level is supposed to go down on Mt Hood again today, so I will be happy. If there is a road open to get up there, that is. I do not need to get any farther north than Vancouver, WA in the near future. :)

How is the lake, Lake? :cheers:

When will you be in Vancouver? I may have to meet you for a beer somewhere. :cheers:

Here is a pic of my pond Christmas eve, a couple days later it was completely covered.

attachment.php

yes.. 20 miles of the freeway are underwater. 10 feet deep in some places. No alternative routes. All passes closed.

BTW, we like it this way:greenchainsaw:

Yeah we can keep the Collyfornians out:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Not talking about Bob though we like him:hmm3grin2orange:

1. Twinkle is lookin` good...
2. In the South, we made "snow cream"... always a possibility...; and
3. I agree with MNTAINGAL23 that those shoes look good...

which side of the river are you now-- the home side or the 'rest of the world' side?

I was on the home side. It was a nervous home side for a while. Now we have some puddly flooding that might not surround this house or it might could. I tippy toed through the shallows in my purple crocs. You have to tippy toe if you don't want wet heels. I do thank Burvol for the recommendation of the Crocs. I wore them with my tin pants, apres calks today. The sun came out but I was in a river valley where the trees kept me in the shade. I could see it on the hillside. It probably won't come out again until August.

The shoes come in pink too.

Back