• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

paint for stihl cases ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the original finish is a powder coat. For a spray paint, check out Ford grey from tractor supply.

The original powder color is said to be RAL-9010. that info came right off this site by a member I can't recall. I bought some of that color recently but don't have much to shoot just yet. If I do I'll try and report back

Well here is a west coast clutch cover I picked up off of eBay. I shot it with powder this week and here's the result. The side cover is so cleaning looking it makes the saw look older :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 110
If you don't have a oven, use aluminum epoxy primer/sealer with the proper prep and before it flashes shoot on a heavy color coat, it gives an aged look and won't wash off with gas and if you prepped right, and use a heater to dry like 130° the stuff is so hard you can hit it with a hammer. Almost as hard as powder.

If it’s for a saw that has value then use a two part hardening spray paint and have it colour matched. If it’s not important to you then ford tractor grey is fine. I have tested it in fuel and all it does after soaking it in fuel for 24 hours is sligjty
Soften it. After an hour on the sun it’s hard again. Splashes etc won’t be a problem. Very Thin coats with drying time
In between is the way forward.

Back