Paint job sticker shock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the fade paint, at least the color mine is in and they did a great job blending the fade compared to others I have seen.
I don't disagree, that is a nice looking truck. But the book value is probably $2000 or less. It doesn't make good financial sense to spend more than the truck is worth in paint. I bet you are like me though and get attached to some vehicles. For example I have an 85 Toyota that is probably worth less than $1000, but I turn down $1500-2500 offers on it because I will get around to fixing it one day. So I do get the wanting to make it nice idea, but the realist in me says "save money on paint and rattle can it yourself." But even that thought comes out more expensive than if you have access to a compressor and paint gun, and can get a deal on a couple of gallons of enamel.

I don't disagree, that is a nice looking truck. But the book value is probably $2000 or less. It doesn't make good financial sense to spend more than the truck is worth in paint. I bet you are like me though and get attached to some vehicles. For example I have an 85 Toyota that is probably worth less than $1000, but I turn down $1500-2500 offers on it because I will get around to fixing it one day. So I do get the wanting to make it nice idea, but the realist in me says "save money on paint and rattle can it yourself." But even that thought comes out more expensive than if you have access to a compressor and paint gun, and can get a deal on a couple of gallons of enamel.

Having owned and been the only driver of the truck, I know exactly what has been done to the truck and how it's been treated over the years. Knowing the history is important to knowing if it will hold up in the future. I know how it's been driven and where it's been driven.

No I didn't read the whole thread and every ones replys.
I spent a summer going to car shows and asking who painted your car/truck.
Got a lot of replys this person or that person. died couple years ago, quit doing it and more.
End of summer I had quotes from 4 places lot was 4000.00 high was 17,00o.00 dollers.
But the reviews from the car show guys said use this guy painted my car 28 years ago.
DzNUCEe.jpg

18 years ago.

22 years ago.

17 years ago.

Price was right and all chrome was removed for a nice paint job. 4 coats of base color and 4 coats of clear..

bLtfWVe.jpg

TT68kPm.jpg

Life time guarantee, againest cracking, splitting, pealing, fadeing and other.

uVXsIXy.jpg

xVHT4Ad.jpg

Talk to people who used that painter and ask to see what she/he painted.
don't buy a pig in a poke.

:D Al

Buy yourself 20 rattlecans. 3 rolls of masking tape. And 10 newspapers.
And some sandpaper. 3 days later, it will look like new.
Saw a person using a roller and brush once! Looks great! :laughing::yes:

There is a lot of work block sanding the body panals. Most pros will not leave priming up to the owner then shoot the paint. the Prep reflects about 80% of his work and make no mistake people want to know who did the paint job and they alwo wanto to check out the door jams too.

It is the most common coment we get about our car, Nice paint, who painted it.
second most comment is how do you stay awake while driveing it with those velour seats.

:D Al

Back