Palfinger pk10000,how to power it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akita91

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys again,sorry for invading forum just when i need it(anyway im dumb and dont know **** to share) :D
Ive purchased palfinger pk10000,it doesnt have pump but everything else looks on place.
how do i power this thing?
i want to buy gas engine and pump(not sure what type should i get *brochure says 4568 psi and 8-10gpm) how do i connect all together.Do i need tank also?
Based on hydraulic hp calculator HP = PSI * GPM / 1714 ,im lookin for ~22hp engine.
i dont have pto on my chassis.
will post pic later.

Attachments

• 20180124_163035.jpg
    20180124_163035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180124_163038.jpg
    20180124_163038.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180124_162909.jpg
    20180124_162909.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180124_162932.jpg
    20180124_162932.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180124_162952.jpg
    20180124_162952.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180124_162956.jpg
    20180124_162956.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
You could look at belt drive off engine. May be more work than worth or may be easy on your rig. If the engine is V belt it probably can be done, if it's serpentine it would be a lot harder. I drove a F450 diesel years ago with a Versalift bucket and it had a pretty simple 2 groove pulley and pump on the motor. It was rigged to work at the required RPM at idle. The driven pulley looked a lot like an AC pulley with an electric clutch and a simple dash switch engaged it (with a couple of neutral and throttle safety switches also).. And yes, you need a resevour to equal the fluid capacity of all cylinders added together plus some.

You could look at belt drive off engine. May be more work than worth or may be easy on your rig. If the engine is V belt it probably can be done, if it's serpentine it would be a lot harder. I drove a F450 diesel years ago with a Versalift bucket and it had a pretty simple 2 groove pulley and pump on the motor. It was rigged to work at the required RPM at idle. The driven pulley looked a lot like an AC pulley with an electric clutch and a simple dash switch engaged it (with a couple of neutral and throttle safety switches also).. And yes, you need a resevour to equal the fluid capacity of all cylinders added together plus some.
f1-61-r Parker - pump model ,thats what palfinger suggested,and i found harbor freight predator 22hp engine horizontal shaft.how do i reduce rpms to 1000 or 500.i couldnt find gear reducer for gas 20hp engine.biggest is 13hp with 2 : 1 which makes 1800rpm (pump should spin 500 or 1000rpms) what type of belt and pulleys i should grab or maybe chain sprockets. engine is way too far from back of chassis and its 5.9 cummins with serpentine

serpentine options exist and hose isn't deathly expensive, but you have your hardware. normally pump would run off motor direct coupled but you bought a low RPM pump I guess. That 22hp would be at best 8hp at 1000rpm so you'll have to belt or chain drive it. Pulley or sprocket on pump needs to be rought 3X bigger than on motor as motor is likely 3200-3600 at rated power. Make sure pump is capable of side loading, many are not and using belt or chain side loads the shaft bearing and it won't last long..

serpentine options exist and hose isn't deathly expensive, but you have your hardware. normally pump would run off motor direct coupled but you bought a low RPM pump I guess. That 22hp would be at best 8hp at 1000rpm so you'll have to belt or chain drive it. Pulley or sprocket on pump needs to be rought 3X bigger than on motor as motor is likely 3200-3600 at rated power. Make sure pump is capable of side loading, many are not and using belt or chain side loads the shaft bearing and it won't last long..
Hmm,what would be your suggestion,where do i find reduction gearboxes ,are electric ones suit for gas or rpm different ?

These guys cover a huge range of this stuff but you'll have a hard time finding 3:1, most gear reducers start at 5:1.. Your cheaper option is probably to find a properly sized pump that flows that you need at 3200 and use the proper flex coupling to run it direct.. Should be something around 0.6 to 0.8 cu inch per turn. Note they also have clutch pumps etc etc..
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Pumps/

These guys cover a huge range of this stuff but you'll have a hard time finding 3:1, most gear reducers start at 5:1.. Your cheaper option is probably to find a properly sized pump that flows that you need at 3200 and use the proper flex coupling to run it direct.. Should be something around 0.6 to 0.8 cu inch per turn. Note they also have clutch pumps etc etc..
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Pumps/
but as i understand if pump has smaller than running 4500 psi pressure.i will have reduced output by weight and speed.how do i reduce radial load if i get chain sprockets and chains?
not to mention gas engine 20hp at 3600 rpm has only 25nM torque which will be way higher rpms for pump and much smaller torque to create needed pressure.i definitely need reduction to power it.

no idea where you're seeing 4500psi but damn few hydraulic anythings run that much service pressure, i looked at a couple of knuckle booms on their site and what I saw was a couple with a MAX 200bar which is 2900 and that's a 'max' not service or operating pressure. you need to find out what its normal service pressure is, what it runs at max load and go from there.

I also have no idea why you bought that pump, Parkers specs for it are 35 gallons/min at max pressure and a HP requirement of 82 continuous and 102 intermittant. Doesn't sound like what you're after!!

no idea where you're seeing 4500psi but damn few hydraulic anythings run that much service pressure, i looked at a couple of knuckle booms on their site and what I saw was a couple with a MAX 200bar which is 2900 and that's a 'max' not service or operating pressure. you need to find out what its normal service pressure is, what it runs at max load and go from there.

I also have no idea why you bought that pump, Parkers specs for it are 35 gallons/min at max pressure and a HP requirement of 82 continuous and 102 intermittant. Doesn't sound like what you're after!!
i didnt bought anything yet.but just found out https://deweze.com/kits/high-pressure/ this kit.which looks like easiest solution for me.but i should call them in the morning about more specs.

Latest posts

Back