"Pallets" Not just for Burning Anymore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledneck_77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Fella's Check out my pallet woodshed. Got the pallets from work. Couple of 2x4's and some 2x6 rafters and there you go. Shingled the front for a better look from my kitchen window but the back roof is old plexiglass windows to let light in. Should have great ventalation and great to keep the snow and ice off.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 541
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 597
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 482
Hey Fella's Check out my pallet woodshed. Got the pallets from work. Couple of 2x4's and some 2x6 rafters and there you go. Shingled the front for a better look from my kitchen window but the back roof is old plexiglass windows to let light in. Should have great ventalation and great to keep the snow and ice off.
Great!!
Discovered the pallet shed by accident last year surfing around. Hope to build me a work shed from pallets in the near future!
Again great going!!!

Nice job. Its hard to tell from the pics but did you stud the upper and lowers together?

Years ago I met a guy that mentioned he had a bbl. of motor oil he wanted to sell. I told him I'd stop by and have a look at it. Anyway, once there, he pointed to his barn and said "it's up stairs in the barn, you have to get up there with a ladder, through that door" while pointing at it. I looked where he was pointing, and there was already a ladder there, so up I went.

The upstairs was FULL of "stuff", including the 55 gallon bbl of oil, and after looking the bbl over, I noticed the whole damn barn was built out of pallets and covered with pole barn steel. I was amazed how well it was built and it was straight and looked square, this was a bigger two story barn too, not some smaller garden shed. I asked him if it was nailed together? He said he used an Grizzly brand "air nailer" to put the whole barn together, and the pallets were all free...

I never would have believed it, if I had not seen it myself...

SR

[QUOTE="redfin, post: 4984109, member: 11717togetherce job. Its hard to tell from the pics but did you stud the upper and lowers together?[/QUOTE]
Yes I used a 2x8 to join the top and bottom together. Made it stronger and gave me something to nail them to.

looks nice great place to store wood and when its starts getting weathered looking put a coat of paint on it to keep it nice longer

Its in the back 40 so I didn't look into getting one but in my area anything under 8x8 you don't need a permit. Of course my is 10x10. Do think anyone would cause a ruckus about a woodshed

Its in the back 40 so I didn't look into getting one but in my area anything under 8x8 you don't need a permit. Of course my is 10x10. Do think anyone would cause a ruckus about a woodshed
Sounds like an agricultural ;););) building, so you shouldn't need a permit!!!! Get a 4-H kid and put a chicken in there, 4-H projects trump a lot of permit BS

Latest posts

Back