"Pallets" Not just for Burning Anymore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use pallets to make fire wood sheds, but I use large pallets used for drywall. They are much larger than "normal" pallets about 6.5 feet long, so with one standing pallet you have a nice wall height.

Its in the back 40 so I didn't look into getting one but in my area anything under 8x8 you don't need a permit. Of course my is 10x10. Do think anyone would cause a ruckus about a woodshed
there are certain people,,of a certain political persuasion,,that would hang you if they possibly could.. they seem to have nose problems..............

Here is a pic of what I do. I just use 4 of the drywall pallets and elevate one side of the roof so that the water flows nicely off. I use corrugated fiberglass that I had extra as roofing material and elevate the construction on bricks against bottom moisture. Further if I have time I "impregnate" the construction with used engine oil. I fit most of the wood into a few of these for firewood season. The freshly cut wood stays just stacked for a year outside. A little over 4 square meters ~30 square feet of wood fit inside.

holzboxklein0enf95wzb12.jpg

TE="7sleeper, post: 4985307, member: 21292"]Here is a pic of what I do. I just use 4 of the drywall pallets and elevate one side of the roof so that the water flows nicely off. I use corrugated fiberglass that I had extra as roofing material and elevate the construction on bricks against bottom moisture. Further if I have time I "impregnate" the construction with used engine oil. I fit most of the wood into a few of these for firewood season. The freshly cut wood stays just stacked for a year outside. A little over 4 square meters ~30 square feet of wood fit inside.

holzboxklein0enf95wzb12.jpg

7[/QUOTE]
That's cool my cousin does something like that and he uses his bobcat forks to bring them right next to his doorstep. That way he can keep his wood down back and bring it up a little at a time. I like your design that looks like it works nice

Latest posts

Back