Part Number For Husqy 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently bought a 359, new carb, many new parts from the dealer, unfortunately it leaks bar oil like a sieve unless it is sitting on it's side handle with the blade dangling in the air, waiting for me to trip over it in the shop.

I broke it apart to get at the oil pump and hosing, and discovered that the oiler hoses look brand new, unfortunately they are the two piece, "we don't seal" style.

I am looking for the part number for the One Piece Hose assembly that I know they make, where the oil pump inserts into the hose and can be "sealed" in. Or, better yet, if someone out there has one on a parts saw, PM me and let's make a deal.

The only oil pickup tube I know off for the 359 is this one and it is one piece

537 10 11-01

And then there is the tube that goes up to the bar

537 09 18-01

Sometimes removing the oiler and cleaning it up and the line itself will remedy the problem. It's a guide bar not a blade. Not busting your chops just remember blade has a cutting surface our guide bars do not. Don't get crazy and replace parts yet until you've cleaned everything up. Sometimes regardless of how sharp a chain is and how well you maintain your saws dust finds places to settle.

I had a 359 oiler that leaked a lot and assumed it was the lines or where the lines met up to the oiler, but it was the oil pump itself. I used a good gasket sealer on the lines where they "compress" fitted to the oiler and it still leaked, so I put a known good oil pump on and that solved it. They must leak through the shaft and out by the drive gear.

Ron

Sometimes removing the oiler and cleaning it up and the line itself will remedy the problem. It's a guide bar not a blade. Not busting your chops just remember blade has a cutting surface our guide bars do not…

1 bar + 1 chain = 1 Blade (it really does meet requirements of a double edged blade: cutting surfaces with rigid center structure). Actually, I think I like calling a complete set a "blade" mostly because it ALWAYS gets a reaction from someone on here :msp_biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up all; hopefully someone else has seen the one piece that I saw.

In the mean time I will clean the pump really well and if that does not do it, think about spending the thirty or forty on an oiler

Back