Partner 1614 worth it? Ask $30?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efisher26

Tinkerer
Reaction score
With case
f58f148fc156d88a2215305afc3fd1aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was in that situation, for $30 with case, I would be pulling out the money. This would however be based on seeing if it has both compression and spark. If so, go ahead.

He won’t budge, full price $60 for both, I’ll have to shaft someone and sell the craftsman

That line of saws known around these parts as "Easter Eggs", were originally built in Trail, BC by Trail Manufacturing Limited. They were rebadged for many, many big players back in the day. Pioneer, Jonsereds, Partner, Husqvarna and so on. Amazing that they were able to push that saw to the degree they did. There were originally marketed under the original name "Frontier".

They show up in scrap yards frequently.

Looks clean though. Will manage to prune some braches if it is your last choice.

Well it runs, has good comp too, it’s my first time with a partner, are there simple mods for it, muffler and such?
f79a350bff1154ba8c7f13b0972e298e.jpg

Nice looking little saw.

I wouldn't worry about modding it other than a new chain if it needs it.

I had a Skilsaw the same saw as that little Partner. I believe I would pass on it. The thing had good compression, but wouldn't pull a baloney string out of a cats azz, gutless and not very well made.

The craftsman ran as is so I gave it to my buddy that just bought a house. eBay has a new bar for the partner I might get

Back