Partner 351 (Poulain?) Plastic fantastique or disposable saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxed Mind

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have reposted this to the correct forum now.

"Inherited" a Partner 351 recently and have had a look here to see what people thought of it. Apparently it appears to be a home owners model, but what exactly does that mean? That it is only for occasional use, underpowered, etc, or does it mean that it is unreliable and should never be used by a professional with real work to do. Not particularly sure yet of it's capabilities as I have no work for it yet. It is a plastic body so I suppose light to use, the chain looks really lightweight somehow in comparison to my other saws.

I also saw some references to the fact that the Partner 351 was made by Poulain. Is that a good thing or not? I have never seen or heard of Poulain here. Although this Partner is branded as "Partner Sweden" the Serial plate stated it is made in the US.

I have no need for this saw at the moment as I have others to work with when work is needing done, but it's always good to know the saw's limitations in case it needs to come out the store and earn it's keep for a while.

Thanks in advance
:chainsaw:
TM

Latest posts

Back