• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Partner 500 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two 500's I bought off ebay years ago that were parts saws. And that's what they are. I have good plastics but missing alot of little things. Was hoping to at least make one good saw if not two. I had one of these given to me by my grandfather and the saw was lost in a fire. Im ready to start trying to get one back. THe one saw is missing the clutch,sprocket, drum assembly , chain brake, bar. and muffler. The other one is mainly just plastics that I have. Question for you guys, can you convert these over to 3/8th chain? Does anyone make these parts anymore.

I have two 500's I bought off ebay years ago that were parts saws. And that's what they are. I have good plastics but missing alot of little things. Was hoping to at least make one good saw if not two. I had one of these given to me by my grandfather and the saw was lost in a fire. Im ready to start trying to get one back. THe one saw is missing the clutch,sprocket, drum assembly , chain brake, bar. and muffler. The other one is mainly just plastics that I have. Question for you guys, can you convert these over to 3/8th chain? Does anyone make these parts anymore.

If Cus has a 5000 part saw thats probably best, if its a 5000 it probably has the newer style clutch and a chainbrake too. If not the newer style clutch and drum is actually the same as a Husky 50-55-261 and maybe a few others so those are easy peasy to get new.

So I would get with him first and check that out. He's a good dude too. As for 3/8's yeah you can do that as like I said you can use a 55 sprocket on it. How long of a bar to you want? If going 3/8's I would stay with a 16" but those small mount bars in 3/8's are not real common. I love 16" .325 on them myself. If you need .325 bars, I probably have 16" and 18" of those..

Thanks Modified. Are your bars the Pioneer Partner bars? THats kinda why I was thinking going with a 16" 3/8ths with an 8T sprocket. THey say they run faster??? Would that help or hurt if I go to a 3/8th chain. Or should I just stay with 7T?

Thanks Modified. Are your bars the Pioneer Partner bars? THats kinda why I was thinking going with a 16" 3/8ths with an 8T sprocket. THey say they run faster??? Would that help or hurt if I go to a 3/8th chain. Or should I just stay with 7T?

What are you thinking? A 8 tooth 3/8's would not be a good idea on a 49cc high speed saw. In fact I see no reason at all to even run a 3/8 with a 7 tooth to be honest.

Back