Partner 5000 Professional

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The impulse grommet/tube is a common issue on these. You have to remove the plastic intake to check. Inspect the rubber intake band also. I usually use a little dirko to seal the band. Both are available through husq.
Thanks. First I am going to change the crank seals. I have got one out and it is cracked in about a dozen places on the circumference lip. I am now making a worm gear puller to get at the other seal.

Great saw I have a few of them I also have a new Dolmar 5105 (2019) I doubt it would hold it's own against my 1984 5000 plus. Hey Ed good to see you here again.
I don`t get to run mine as much as they should be but a couple times each year they cut a couple truck loads of hardwood.

The Dolmar seems to be a good saw. I had some trouble with it starting hard but found that was all me. I was not ripping it over fast enough I guess. I really wish I had a tach as the high side needs some adjustment still I think , it still does not " clean up" in the cut. I don't know if I have it running on the limited coil now or if I need to move the high speed screw in a little more still. It burbles at wot. About all I can do is turn the screw in an fraction more to see if it helps. I find it heavy and not nearly as nimble or powerful as the 36 year old Partner.

I will never part with my jonny 590's. I only have a few saws. Every other one could be replaced by something as good. But not the Partners in better-lookin' disguise. I got lucky; the first saw I ever bought was a nearly-new 590. Thankfully, it set my standards for what makes a good saw very high. It kinda turned me into a saw snob after I had run some lesser saws.

At one time I thought all saws just pulled through nearly everything with diesel-like torque. Nope.

I gave my son a black and yellow 500 he loves it. He cut about 5 cord last winter and sawed it stove length this summer. He was sawing with it yesterday in fact really good running saw.
They are fine saws, much ahead of their time when current but time has passed them by, the parts for them are scarce, I grab every NOS part I come across for them.

Yes. Parts are scarce. I’m looking for a set of rings for a Pioneer P21 and I did come across one set but the seller is not sure if they will fit.
He gave me ring sizes 48.2 mm dia. and 1 1/2 mm thick so I have to take mine apart to check ring sizes.

Latest posts

Back