Partner chain saw owners?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
do we have any partner owner / operators / collectors here? I never ran one, but one logger here years ago ran them. Are they good Swedish saws too? I don’t see anyone mention partner or partner/pioneer here?

I have a small guy, needs a carb kit, I’ve yet to test it
5de75679105b54fd44a17a56cf1c8e63.jpg
f35c688c283212a665e454cddd90e2e5.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

My experience is limited, but partner was ahead of their time on some stuff, but if i had to guess, the chicken **** real handle setup was their downfall. What a pain.

I thought the partners were made in Sweden?

The 'real' ones were, partner merged with pioneer, both were acquired in the electrolux buyout binge along with seemingly half the chainsaw industry and then many were sort of integrated into each other. Husqvarna became kind of the 'pure' flagship brand in the electrolux stable and everyone else got parceled around a bit. Jonsered and partner seemed to particularly get co mingled along with a handful of poulan re-brands and were built in the same factory/factories in sweden.

I have 8 or 10 of the partner 'toaster' type saws as well as a bunch in the 5000+ family (jonsereds 490/590, pp325).
Both can have a lot of variation in model designations and features and can be a bit confusing to sort out sometimes.
Then also a couple jonsered/poulan's that were originally partner design, a 2083 and pp475.
I like 'em all and pick them up when close by and cheap.

I think the only toaster type partner in missing is the 7000/70cc saw. Everyone seems to be after this one. The p85 I have needs the points cleaned.

I think the only toaster type partner in missing is the 7000/70cc saw.

You must have a lot of them then, there's dozens of different toaster models from 50 to 100cc, the 55 and 65cc variants probably being the most prolific...

The '79 lineup;

79partner.jpg

I think I have all of these but for the s50...

Your missing the p85 (85cc) I think the p100 or 1000 came in a mcculloch wrapper too.

Your missing the p85 (85cc) I think the p100 or 1000 came in a mcculloch wrapper too.

Oh I’m missing the majority of the entire product line, I was just referring to ones on that particular page.

Yes McCulloch re branded the p100 and Skil did a few of the smaller ones.

I have a specific interest in the 65cc models, they were evidently popular and competetive in 4 cube racing, at least in this area.
The cylinders came in a very interesting and diverse number of port arrangements, some used wide exhausts and intakes with various numbers/combinations of small bridges for ring support.
One of these days l’ll get around to porting a couple...

The cylinder on my s65 is an open port, with a bridged intake port. After a bunch of grinding and some machine work it certainly improved and has been fun. Just got a tecomec bottom fed closed port cylinder for it, only has a small nub hanging down into intake. Wuldnt be surprised if stock it outran the cylinder after all my hackin away at it haha.

Latest posts

Back