Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that 50mm is correct, you've got a 70cc saw. I've wondered about that piston/ cylinder interchange question myself. But parts are so scarce you might have a tough time sourcing a larger piston/ cylinder to try without getting the whole saw along with!
Lateral thinking on this. Has anyone tried/succeeded/found a problem bolting a Huztl 70cc K650 cylinder onto a 55 or 65cc case?
https://www.huztl.net/Husqvarna-Par...ing-Pin-Circlip-OEM-506-09-92-12-p226901.html

K650 IPL attached for reference.

Attachments

• K650MKII_ipl.pdf
    481.5 KB · Views: 3
ive lost the round ring that holds the 2 collets on my crank for the clutch to screw over on my R440 which is the same as the P100 or PM 1000
can some one tell me the thickness of the ring and diamiter of it so i can go and replace it
Peter

Attachments

• 20190723_171928[1].jpg
    20190723_171928[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20190723_172032[1].jpg
    20190723_172032[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20190723_171838[1].jpg
    20190723_171838[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Ok got the oil pump out on my believed to be R420. There was a little bit of a lift and twist "just so" involved then it popped right out. Next question: anyone know the spec for the pushrod length? The crank side plastic bit definitely appears worn down compared to the pump end. Also it would appear that the pawl for the ratchet on the pump wheel has disintegrated. The plastic chunks were lying around in there loose. Doubt I'll be able to find one of those. Should be easy enough to make I suppose.

Yeah that's why I'd probably just rather make the parts. Hate to continue to pile on to the parts saw: runner saw ratio if I don't have to. Both of the ones I need appear to be plain old nylon, which is pretty easy to machine.

Look for a parts saw, if the cases are the same the parts may interchange. Everytime I buy a parts saw the dam thing runs.

I swear it's only for parts!.... But it really only needs this to run.. And the cycle continues lol

I picked up a Pioneer/Partner dealer shop manual/binder on eBay this morning. It's full of service bulletins and shop manuals for 500/5000/7000 and others I'm not familiar with.

Can't wait to get my hands on that.

I picked up a Pioneer/Partner dealer shop manual/binder on eBay this morning. It's full of service bulletins and shop manuals for 500/5000/7000 and others I'm not familiar with.
Is it like this one? Probably not if it's P/P.

As it happens, I pulled this out of the garage on Sunday, hoping it might contain some relevant info about R16s , R40s and other old Partner stuff people are talking about here. It's one of the last Partner-style service binders, containing bulletins from the late 1970s through to about 1983. Also has 1983 IPLs but no shop manuals.

No answers to forum questions but it does have a bulletin explaining the advantages of the "T-port" exhaust being introduced on the P70, as well as bulletin "I/53" which decodes the length of 8mm flange bolts based on last 2 numbers of their newly-designated Electrolux part numbers.

Attachments

• Partner Service Binder.jpg
    Partner Service Binder.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Is it like this one? Probably not if it's P/P.

As it happens, I pulled this out of the garage on Sunday, hoping it might contain some relevant info about R16s , R40s and other old Partner stuff people are talking about here. It's one of the last Partner-style service binders, containing bulletins from the late 1970s through to about 1983. Also has 1983 IPLs but no shop manuals.

No answers to forum questions but it does have a bulletin explaining the advantages of the "T-port" exhaust being introduced on the P70, as well as bulletin "I/53" which decodes the length of 8mm flange bolts based on last 2 numbers of their newly-designated Electrolux part numbers.

Mine is not the nice Partner yellow. It's grey, white and yellow. Looks used and abused but will still have some good info. I'm going to keep my eye open for others.

Haven’t tried it myself but seem to recall back when reports of fitting them to be hit or miss.
Yeah, the quality of Farmertec cylinders is reported to be patchy. I don't have any old Partners myself but I'm curious as to whether there's a design difference that prevents even an OEM K650 cylinder being fitted to an S55. Obviously only the modern Electrolux ignition can be bolted to the cylinder.

but it does have a bulletin explaining the advantages of the "T-port" exhaust being introduced on the P70, as well as bulletin

What are they?
All I read on the t-port 55 I have is this. Features built in decompression system located at exhaust port. Named "T Port" system.

I been parting it out since I dont mess with these anymore.

p55.jpg

What are they?
All I read on the t-port 55 I have is this. Features built in decompression system located at exhaust port. Named "T Port" system.
Easier starting is the one I knew about but quieter idling is also claimed to be a benefit.
I'll get a photo of the bulletin tomorrow in case I've missed something.

Ok got the oil pump out on my believed to be R420. There was a little bit of a lift and twist "just so" involved then it popped right out. Next question: anyone know the spec for the pushrod length? The crank side plastic bit definitely appears worn down compared to the pump end. Also it would appear that the pawl for the ratchet on the pump wheel has disintegrated. The plastic chunks were lying around in there loose. Doubt I'll be able to find one of those. Should be easy enough to make I suppose.
Had bags full of them in stock in 1985 but never thought to measure one. I do recall the nylon tips being of equal length when new and I'd guess they were about 1.5 to 2mm long.

Yeah, the quality of Farmertec cylinders is reported to be patchy. I don't have any old Partners myself but I'm curious as to whether there's a design difference that prevents even an OEM K650 cylinder being fitted to an S55. Obviously only the modern Electrolux ignition can be bolted to the cylinder.

IIRC It may have been something to do with the cylinder skirts not clearing the crank case opening on some saws/models, so not necessarily issues/variances with the cylinders. Usually minor interference and pretty straight forward to remedy with a little grinding, like with the 55 cylinders going on some of the early 50's.

There's a lot of this sort of stuff in this very thread going back to around mid 2011-2012 when I first joined up, one member in particular was very active/informative here, can't remember the name. I cut/pasted a lot of notes at the time.
Shouldn't be hard to find in general but to locate specifics will take a fair amount of reading none the less...

Back