ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Partner Chainsaw Thread

MS260 Fan

MS260 Fan

ArboristSite Guru
R11

Nice looking bunch of saws guys!

Here's some pics of my old R11 before I to started on it. It's on my bench now. Piston has some light scoring but I think it and the jug will clean up. It won't hold vacuum but I haven't torn it down enough to find the leak.

This thing is well built. Not looking forward to taking the cylinder off though. It's going to be hard to get access to the jug bolts.

It'll all be worth it when I hear it run!

Boskaerm

Boskaerm

ArboristSite Guru
Good question, I'm not sure about that one.

You know that after the Elux takeover things got crossbread alot and after the Pioneer/Partner deal that it seems most Partners were sold only in Europe.

The good Partner name got used in europe to sell consumer saws just like what happend to Poulan in the US.

Ironic that most Partner consumer saws ended up as relabled Poulans. d

Someone want to refresh my memory as to what year is was that Elux bought out Partner?
As far as I know, and have read on the Danish Partner distibutor site, E-lux bought the 3 Swedish companys in the late 70´s!

In 2006 E-lux sold all the garden/wood companies, to a new established firm: The Husqvarne Group!

Check this link: http://www.partner.biz/int/discover-partner/history/

As far as re-badged Partner´s, I think there has been some in the Orange color too! One Ex. is the 49! That chassis has seen the use on many Partner saws, but not sure which one was the original Partner!

Last edited:
Reactions: DSS
Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice saws guys. Just love the yellow and black. Here are some of mine (past and present):

Al.

Last edited:
spankrz

spankrz

ArboristSite Operative
Nice Thread Arrowhead.

Here is a Partner R440 i rebuilt over a year ago.
The R440 is Partners early 100cc saw before the
P100 came out. I think around 1974 vintage.
This one came out sweet, It needed a crank and
piston. Cylinder was good. I replaced all bearings,
seals and gaskets. Strong running saw.

Lee

i thought that mine was a p100, but it looks exactly like that inside and out except for the wrap handle and the dawgs... maybe thats what i have? mine has never been rebuilt, probably has 40 hours run time on it.

thumper440

thumper440

ArboristSite Operative
As far as I know, and have read on the Danish Partner distibutor site, E-lux bought the 3 Swedish companys in the late 70´s!

In 2006 E-lux sold all the garden/wood companies, to a new established firm: The Husqvarne Group!

Check this link: Story of Partner - Complete Range of Petrol-Powered Garden Machines

As far as re-badged Partner´s, I think there has been some in the Orange color too! One Ex. is the 49! That chassis has seen the use on many Partner saws, but not sure which one was the original Partner!
does anyone know if the new partner saws on this link are available in the usa? the p5000 and p5300 look pretty intersting...

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
This is my R16. I have never cut with it. I have it running correctly and will get it in the wood this summer. It seems read this saw was the progenitor of the 55????

Neal, thats a nice saw and from what I understand the R16 was the granddaddy of a whole line of those "cube" saws. Look how close it looks to that Skil/Partner F55 that I posted.

Take it out and give it a run, it might surprise you.

does anyone know if the new partner saws on this link are available in the usa? the p5000 and p5300 look pretty intersting...
All but a few of them seem to be rebadged Poulan saws so yes you can get them here in Poulan colors.

I think the ones you point to are made in Italy or so I was told.

thumper440

thumper440

ArboristSite Operative
looks like theres no poulan version of the 5000 or 5300.. dang.. id like to try one. my favorite saws were the 500/5000 partners. there just not easy to come now..