Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, you don't have much room to talk, how many 5000/500's do you have??

The pic made me drool a little when you posted it.:msp_smile:

Honestly I am not sure I think 4-500's and 6 -5000's and I think 3 -55cc one farmer and 2 partner's One Remington super 75 and one SL-9 ( that i still cannot get to run right ) I guess I will just give up on her.I do however need to check one last thing I may have the Diaphram and gasket in the wrong order. If that is not the case I will just give up on it.
I need to read the instructions to a new Sony cam corder I just got in the mail.We are leaving this Friday for a cruise with Norwegian Cruse lines for a ten day trip .So I gotta see if I can figure out how to use the camera. talk to ya soon.

...don't know if I'm opening up a can of worms...

I have a Partner that someone was getting rid of. It looks to be in pretty good condition. The piston looks good through the exhaust port.
The spark plug boot is torn. One of the bar mounting bolts is stripped. (I haven't tried to fire it up for fear I'll want to keep it!)
I'd like to pass it along if anyone is interested. Please see the pix for model, etc. as I'm not sure what it is.
I'm willing to put it in a box and mail it out, but it is heavy ...I just want to be reimbursed for postage, or you can pick it up if you're around Fairfield County, CT...

View attachment 232107View attachment 232109View attachment 232111View attachment 232113

The saw has a new home. Thanks for the info/interest.

The cover itself disintegrated, or the guts did?

Try these guys:Home Page

Or these guys are closer to home for you and may have some of the internal pieces:

Banta Saw - Small Engine Parts and Accessories - Home Page

Thanks for the contacts. (Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner.) I'll probably have need of them..I've got an S55 that I have to put some work into.

Yes it was the cover that disintegrated. It just collapsed on the lower half, right beside the coil. There were a few cracks in it when I got it and it finally gave up. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for used saws in my area. So far I have found very few for sale on kijiji or local classifieds. I think they are hard to come by up here.

500 leaks

I have a 500 that leaks b&c oil constantly how can I stop this or can I ?

Take the pump off, order some new rubber oil pump inlet/outlet fittings. check to make sure metal cover is not bent to much. (level it out with piece of flat steel) They harden up over time and won't seal. They may seem soft but they are old remember!!!

Think some Husky 51/55 maybe 350 is the same too. Pretty sure on the 51/55.

Also check oil tank vent, cotter pin lookin thing next to cylinder, blow if off with compressed air to find it.

Duane

Take the pump off, order some new rubber oil pump inlet/outlet fittings. check to make sure metal cover is not bent to much. (level it out with piece of flat steel) They harden up over time and won't seal. They may seem soft but they are old remember!!!

Think some Husky 51/55 maybe 350 is the same too. Pretty sure on the 51/55.

Also check oil tank vent, cotter pin lookin thing next to cylinder, blow if off with compressed air to find it.

Duane

Ok Duane I will give her a try I took it apart down to the oil pump this am so i was able to chek out the cotter pin thing and it is in place.I will look at the inlet / outlet next. But what are you talking about the cover being bent too much? Do you mean the thin two screw shiney metal cover that the pump is behind? I dont think that is bent out of shape I had it off but it is kinda formed for the job it does and dosent look bent up?

Ok Duane I will give her a try I took it apart down to the oil pump this am so i was able to chek out the cotter pin thing and it is in place.I will look at the inlet / outlet next. But what are you talking about the cover being bent too much? Do you mean the thin two screw shiney metal cover that the pump is behind? I dont think that is bent out of shape I had it off but it is kinda formed for the job it does and dosent look bent up?

It is awful to be so dense,.... me that is. The plate your talking about it the oil difuser plate ( least thats what I call it )behind the clutch/brake cover that rests flush on the bar.I just took her all apart again and as soon as it had it in my hands i knew what you ment.It was bowed outward some so i fixed that while there.
I took out the oil feed tube and tried a little black premtex around it and put her back together just as a test. I will wait a day or so to let it set up before I add oil . If that works I will either do more saws that way,.. or order new pick up lines.

My Partner 540 in action. Has a Stihl Picco super chain and carb is a little rich...
[video=youtube;f07JU6d5J-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f07JU6d5J-w&feature=player_embedded[/video]
I really like that saw !
Max

My Partner 540 in action.
I really like that saw !
Max

No wonder - that is a fine saw sir. I have a few of the earlier incarnations and I find them willing and able. Partner made some very nice saws in the day.

Al.

From "Husqvarna Group" : Reduce the number of regional and tactical brands. During the year YazooIKees was discontinued and the Partner brand is gradually being replaced by McCulloch.

Skilsaw 1646

received my Skilsaw 1646 saw today. (Partner R421) runs cuts idled great. pictures later.

In ERROR I posted in the past that the Partner small cooling fin cylinders with bridged intake/exhaust are the best! WELL my 1646 is large cooling fin bridged intake and exhaust too! Closed port. First i've seen (very nice and POWERFUL UNITS)
In ERROR I also said the 65cc 48mm cylinders had cooling fins that go outward toward the muffler body and that squarish cylinders are 55cc 44mm, wrong because again this 1646 cylinder looks like a 55cc 44mm cylinder but is 65cc. And NO Mahle size on the casting.

Sorry for not knowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again more Partner mysteries, this saw is old, Tyrister ignition, chain brake, NO top fuel tank vent, bridged ports, funny front exit muffler, plastic recoil (wide pattern), and large built in footpad chain guard, Farmer AV handle. Most this is found on newer Partner series not older models.

I'll be getting more of these, and the other funky black colored Partners. If you have one check it out.

Duane

Does anyone know of a source for PP325 pistons? Do I remember reading that an 028 piston will fit? Or, was that for the 5K+? I picked up a complete, nice 325 but the piston is scored. The cylinder should clean up without a problem.

Does anyone know of a source for PP325 pistons? Do I remember reading that an 028 piston will fit? Or, was that for the 5K+? I picked up a complete, nice 325 but the piston is scored. The cylinder should clean up without a problem.

Sorry!! 325 pistons are next to GONE!!! There is type 1 and 2 too. type 2 is available (so they say). I never found any difference in the two, problem is I've order them from Jacks and Sears last October but never got either.

46mm pistons that can be made to work only.

Hope someone else has better news for you,

Duane

Neil, gimme some measurements from it. I got an 028 super piston I can measure for ya.

I'm assuming that it's basically a big bore 5000, no?

IIRC, the pin to crown height was much taller on a 44mm 028 piston I looked to put in a 5000, but it's been a long while since I compared em.

received my Skilsaw 1646 saw today. (Partner R421) runs cuts idled great. pictures later.

In ERROR I posted in the past that the Partner small cooling fin cylinders with bridged intake/exhaust are the best! WELL my 1646 is large cooling fin bridged intake and exhaust too! Closed port. First i've seen (very nice and POWERFUL UNITS)
In ERROR I also said the 65cc 48mm cylinders had cooling fins that go outward toward the muffler body and that squarish cylinders are 55cc 44mm, wrong because again this 1646 cylinder looks like a 55cc 44mm cylinder but is 65cc. And NO Mahle size on the casting.

Sorry for not knowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again more Partner mysteries, this saw is old, Tyrister ignition, chain brake, NO top fuel tank vent, bridged ports, funny front exit muffler, plastic recoil (wide pattern), and large built in footpad chain guard, Farmer AV handle. Most this is found on newer Partner series not older models.

I'll be getting more of these, and the other funky black colored Partners. If you have one check it out.

Duane

Seriously jealous. My 1646 is an open port. :(

Maybe soon I'll be fit enough to give her a go.

Sucks being down....

help with coil wiring on hp 65 am i missing a part ?diagrams or pics of flywheel help

Guys I would really appreciate any links or diagrams or explanatory descriptions of the wiring and run/stop or trigger plate schematics. the saw model # is P65CBW. thanx for all your patience with me and any help you can offer. I tried to order an Intertec service guide today but these prepaid credit cards never work online. ohh frustration.

Back