Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the seals.

Banta Saw - Small Engine Parts and Accessories

I don't think parts are that hard to find really. Did you try Baileys? Put 507 in front of the part number. Jacks small engine maybe?

Thanks cow man.

I "think" the k650/750 cutoff saws are identical case wise, and there are full gasket/seal kits on eBay, but I hate to get one and it not fit.

Well just an idea but make your own gaskets from gasket material or use "threebond" or "yamabond" or the like. As for seals I had to do seals and berings for an old remington so I went to the local bearing shop with the crank they took a measurement and got me both,... they dont need to be Partner bearins or seals they just need to fit.

Farmer F55A

Here is a question from the UK, I hope you guys can help.
A long while back inherited Partner Farmer F55A. I love using her and keeping her going, I have replaced rings and the bar and she just keeps on going - until now. I went to start her at the weekend and she fired once and then would not go. A bit of investigation showed no spark. I have checked the plug, the kill switch and wire and they are ok so I am guessing its the red coloured coil or the little black thyristor ignition module next to it (I think thats what its called). The trouble is I have no way of knowing which one it is. I have read various posts and many seem to suggest that a coil from a Husqvarna 50, 55 etc will fit. I have looked at these on eBay and they certainly look right. The thing is that obviously the spark plug lead comes direct from these coils and there is no ignition module so would one of these be an effective replacement for both for my saw? I just want to keep her going, she is a bit of a legend when we go out becuase all my mates have plastic saw's not one from the 1970's.
Hope you can help.

Partner f55

Here is a question from the UK, I hope you guys can help.
A long while back inherited Partner Farmer F55A. I love using her and keeping her going, I have replaced rings and the bar and she just keeps on going - until now. I went to start her at the weekend and she fired once and then would not go. A bit of investigation showed no spark. I have checked the plug, the kill switch and wire and they are ok so I am guessing its the red coloured coil or the little black thyristor ignition module next to it (I think thats what its called). The trouble is I have no way of knowing which one it is. I have read various posts and many seem to suggest that a coil from a Husqvarna 50, 55 etc will fit. I have looked at these on eBay and they certainly look right. The thing is that obviously the spark plug lead comes direct from these coils and there is no ignition module so would one of these be an effective replacement for both for my saw? I just want to keep her going, she is a bit of a legend when we go out becuase all my mates have plastic saw's not one from the 1970's.
Hope you can help.

Husky 50/55 ish coils are fine, replaces both, only down side is the LEFT on off kill switch will be reversed. (forward to kill, rear to run) and timing will be slightly higher and harder to start. (kick back) BUT run much better. SWITCHED tons of them!!! A few year will not have the switched reversed but there newer models with regular coils.

Duane

Husky 50/55 ish coils are fine, replaces both, only down side is the LEFT on off kill switch will be reversed. (forward to kill, rear to run) and timing will be slightly higher and harder to start. (kick back) BUT run much better. SWITCHED tons of them!!! A few year will not have the switched reversed but there newer models with regular coils.

Duane

Hi Duane, Many thanks for the answer. In fact I have already taken the plunge and bought a Husky coil. Works a treat, better spark than before. Yes the kill switch is the wrong way round but who cares. Thanks again. Jim.

Partner P100 "Tyristor"?

I just picked up a p100, expecting to have the same exact saw as the McCulloch pm1000 in my hands. Nope, definitely wasn't the case.

A few things:

1. There's a cool linkage from the choke to the main diaphragm to ensure that the inlet needle will allow fuel to pass

2. Decomp valve (thank you very much!)

3. No "super full wrap (as I call it) handle connecting the top handle to the rear handle

4. 2 piece ignition

5. It has a name that I have no idea as the where it was derived from; "Tyristor". When I saw this in the Craigslist listing that led me to the saw, I thought that the guy had named it for whatever reason. It's labeled right on the side of the saw.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I put it back together. Regarding it running, I have an NOS starter spring on the way. Super clean P/C, nothing's broken, and good compression (a little over 160psi), so I'm pretty sure we're in business.

If anyone knows what the name "Tyristor" is about, let me know, I'm interested.

Thanks a lot!

Bryan

I just picked up a p100, expecting to have the same exact saw as the McCulloch pm1000 in my hands. Nope, definitely wasn't the case.

A few things:

1. There's a cool linkage from the choke to the main diaphragm to ensure that the inlet needle will allow fuel to pass

2. Decomp valve (thank you very much!)

3. No "super full wrap (as I call it) handle connecting the top handle to the rear handle

4. 2 piece ignition

5. It has a name that I have no idea as the where it was derived from; "Tyristor". When I saw this in the Craigslist listing that led me to the saw, I thought that the guy had named it for whatever reason. It's labeled right on the side of the saw.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I put it back together. Regarding it running, I have an NOS starter spring on the way. Super clean P/C, nothing's broken, and good compression (a little over 160psi), so I'm pretty sure we're in business.

If anyone knows what the name "Tyristor" is about, let me know, I'm interested.

Thanks a lot!

Bryan

A thryistor is used as the fireing mechanism in these saws, they act as a switch and replaced the points type of ignition.

I got lucky on a visit to family and picked up a couple of Partners. The 5000 is an early one and likely an open port cylinder but I have not checked yet. It is a runner but will need some cleaning up. The 7000 plus is a good runner and has a load of compression. It is my first one and I am quite excited about it. The PM1000 is of course a Partner P100 and I am happy to see it is a Super. I have another that is not, so it is interesting to know that McCulloch used both. It also is a good runner but neeeding a recoil spring.
I don't often get this lucky, but you have to take the good with the bad.:hmm3grin2orange:
I will post some more pics when I get to them.
100_4588.jpg

Al.

Great score Al, I have never run a 7000 and have always
wanted to try one out. Someday and then i'm sure i will
want one. The P100 or PM1000 are sweets. I have a few
and there fun to run.

Lee

Lee, I think a 7000 might be a little on the small side for you. :msp_biggrin:

That aside, there sweet saws as well.

In the picture that Al showed above, shows the 2 best 70cc saws made in 1980 if you ask me. (at least that I can think of at this time) That 7000 and the 4200 behind it.

Lee, I think a 7000 might be a little on the small side for you. :msp_biggrin:
That aside, there sweet saws as well.
In the picture that Al showed above, shows the 2 best 70cc saws made in 1980 if you ask me. (at least that I can think of at this time) That 7000 and the 4200 behind it.

Mark, what about that neat orange saw in the top right corner? I am sending it to Gmax as punishment! I once spent a thousand hours getting one of those to run right and have vowed never to touch a Frontier again.

Lee,
I like those 100cc Partners too. I have a three variations and still do not have a Partner badged one - but I am loooking! Not sure of the 7000 as I have not run it yet, but I have an early closed port 65cc jug on a P65 that is a great running saw.

Al.

partner 7000 + and 7000

hello

j'm french people. j d'ont speak english very good...

I would like to know the difference between 7000 and 7000 + parter.

I read the forum, but I do not understand the "Port T"

Do you have photos to show the difference?

thank you

Partner TS

I picked up a second Partner TS saw a week ago at a show. This saw is a double that i have to trade. Would like to find a Crescent 06 to complete the set, or interesting trade.
DSCF0987-1.jpg

DSCF0988-1.jpg

I got lucky on a visit to family and picked up a couple of Partners. The 5000 is an early one and likely an open port cylinder but I have not checked yet. It is a runner but will need some cleaning up. [/IMG]

Al.

Ya know, I had 6 or 7 of them 5000's, from the earliest ones to the latest, and I never did have one with an open port cylinder. I havent checked the one I have now though....

I picked up a second Partner TS saw a week ago at a show. This saw is a double that i have to trade. Would like to find a Crescent 06 to complete the set, or interesting trade.
DSCF0987-1.jpg

DSCF0988-1.jpg

attachment.php
just need a cover.

Back