Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One big Partner?

I would like to have one large Partner, (Chainsaw that is ) what is a really good reliable larger saw to be on the look out for? At first I thought I wanted a 7000 plus but now not so sure maybe an 85 like the one above or a P 1000 ?( that is if they made one called the p 1000 ) I know there is a Partner / McCoullch called PM 100 I want one for a project for the winter, Last winter I made up some 5000's and 500's and would like one big one for the occaisional large tree.
Sooooo If I sent you guys on a mission to get a good large cc Partner what would you look for ? I think I need to get searching.

I would like to have one large Partner, (Chainsaw that is ) what is a really good reliable larger saw to be on the look out for? At first I thought I wanted a 7000 plus but now not so sure maybe an 85 like the one above or a P 1000 ?( that is if they made one called the p 1000 ) I know there is a Partner / McCoullch called PM 100 I want one for a project for the winter, Last winter I made up some 5000's and 500's and would like one big one for the occaisional large tree.
Sooooo If I sent you guys on a mission to get a good large cc Partner what would you look for ? I think I need to get searching.

I do have a large toaster myself ... a Mac PM1000 (relabeled Partner P100). I love cutting with it, powerful and smooth. Don't get to as often as I'd like, since it has a 32" B&C on it.

Well I had the cc's reversed i guess , Yea that is one that I may look for are they the same saw? the 100 and the 1000 ?

Except for the decals, yes. Partner also marketed a P100 Super; hopefully one of the regulars in this thread will be along with more details on that model.

I figured I'd revive this thread with some pics. 5000+

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

Thats what it is for sure, the IPL list the same internal part #s as well. This is after the elux buyout of Partner and Poulan and all the is typical of all the crossing between the brands that they owned.

The Partner 55cc saws were getting long in the tooth at this point in time so it made sense to them I guess to relable the pretty new at the time Poulan to sell in europe as Partners. Far as I know the the 545 etc were only sold in europe.

252108d1347178676-dsc00437-jpg

Here is my Poulan Pro 335

Being a US sold type one model it has no chainbrake but if it was equipped with one it would look just like the one on the Partner 545 shown.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back