Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you using? Husqvarna 51,55,261 etc? There the same as on the Poulan Pro 325 and Partner 5500, 540 you know.

Makes it easy to find complete clutch's cheap that way.

Mark I am going to use your favorite sponsor :jester: so I dont have to take a pic myself. ;) I had figured this out back in 2007 by trial and error.

50, 51, 55, 254, 257 261, per NWS

Replacement clutch assembly for Husqvarna

Yes thats the one, I knew it was for a couple other models as well but couldnt remember off hand so I didnt want to say.

I figured it out when I got my 5500 with a worn clutch on it and seen it was the same as a 261 clutch that I took off mine when I coverted it to a 262XP.

Those clutch's are easy to find new or used and work great on the 500-5000 Partners.

I doubt you will see me ordering any from that sponsor any time soon.

Does anyone know if the 5000 plus has a limited coil? I will try and get a video of what I'm talking about tomorrow.

I've never seen a limited coil on a 500/5000. But that's not saying somebody may have switched the original.

I've never seen a limited coil on a 500/5000. But that's not saying somebody may have switched the original.

Something crazy is going on then. This saw has been ported by me and pressure tested after reassembley. Idles fine cuts awesome, but at WOT it cuts in and out. Like it's going from pig rich to nothing continuously. Holds steady rpm, just cuts in and out. I plan on videoing what it's doing this evening.

Partner S65 carb kit WS10A Question

The Partner S 65 I have has a Walboro WS10A carb and I need a kit my local saw shop always did the Partner stuff in my area and I always use him if I can. One this issue he said the Stihl 031 has a WS11A OR 111A cannot remember which he said ,he thinks this stihl 031 kit will aslo fit my ws10a as well but he is not sure and the kit is $21.00. Is this the kit i need and is it a good price he is waiting for me to call him and he will get one ordered for me .Any suggestions ,is there a better place to get this WS10A kit from? Of coures there will be shipping in either case thanks for any help, Jeff

Something crazy is going on then. This saw has been ported by me and pressure tested after reassembley. Idles fine cuts awesome, but at WOT it cuts in and out. Like it's going from pig rich to nothing continuously. Holds steady rpm, just cuts in and out. I plan on videoing what it's doing this evening.

Not coil I bet. Look at the carb if still oem. If it has a brass plug on the left side it has a governor in it. ;) Sounds like a gov working, IF it has one.

Take and put a BB in there if it will fit and put plug back in. This will not allow the gov to work. I have heard of some just using aluminum foil ball too. I never tried that, just BB.

stinkbait in this pic I think I see the carb nearest the saw with a brass plug which is a governor. Try the BB fix or some other to plug off and then put brass plug back in. or get a carb without governor on it.

2012-12-06_21-54-49_749.jpg

The Partner S 65 I have has a Walboro WS10A carb and I need a kit my local saw shop always did the Partner stuff in my area and I always use him if I can. One this issue he said the Stihl 031 has a WS11A OR 111A cannot remember which he said ,he thinks this stihl 031 kit will aslo fit my ws10a as well but he is not sure and the kit is $21.00. Is this the kit i need and is it a good price he is waiting for me to call him and he will get one ordered for me .Any suggestions ,is there a better place to get this WS10A kit from? Of coures there will be shipping in either case thanks for any help, Jeff

Jeff, you are looking for a K10-WS kit.
I saw one for $10.35. Do a search. I think $21 is pretty high.

stinkbait in this pic I think I see the carb nearest the saw with a brass plug which is a governor. Try the BB fix or some other to plug off and then put brass plug back in. or get a carb without governor on it.

2012-12-06_21-54-49_749.jpg

Thanks! It's now plugged. The only other saw that I ever worked on with a governor like that was a SXL-925.

Thanks! It's now plugged. The only other saw that I ever worked on with a governor like that was a SXL-925.

Good on Kevin for mentioning that governor. I thought about it when you mentioned your problem but didn't know what carb you had. Some of the large Poulans such as the 5200 are notorious for having that problem. It has a Tillotson HS176.

Say fellas, I'm probally going to buy a junk ( at least to him ) p85 tommorrow. I know it needs a piston& rings, Dont know what shape the jug is in. Anybody have a jug or piston? Or a jug and piston for a p100 and then I could do a conversion. I have found an epistan aftermarket piston for a p85. Are those any good or are they trash?

I've managed to acquire a pretty good selection of Partner stuff but the big ones are still eluding me, I'd jump on a deal for a p85 in any reasonable condition and worry about the details later...

I have found an episan aftermarket piston for a p85. Are those any good or are they trash?

From everything I've read and my limited experience with them, they're good Italian stuff, considered to be more or less equivalent to Meteor.

Bill

I've managed to acquire a pretty good selection of Partner stuff but the big ones are still eluding me, I'd jump on a deal for a p85 in any reasonable condition and worry about the details later...

From everything I've read and my limited experience with them, they're good Italian stuff, considered to be more or less equivalent to Meteor.

Bill

I think they're ok too, but I'd use a meteor if I could find one. They're usually a work of art.

Back