Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 273919

Scored a P85 Partner saw today. Supposedly it has a burned up piston, but it looked pretty good to me. Might just need rings. I could not get a good compression test as the pawl springs on the starter were gone. It's not real stout though when turning over the flywheel. Price was right.:msp_w00t:

View attachment 273920

Last edited:
View attachment 273919
Scored a P85 Partner saw today. Supposedly it has a burned up piston, but it looked pretty good to me. Might just need rings. I could not get a good compression test as the pawl springs on the starter were gone. It's not real stout though when turning over the flywheel. Price was right.:msp_w00t:

Great score on the P85. I had an R30 and it was as strong a saw as you'd want. I have a feeling one of the K series concrete saws shares that piston. If so you will probably be able to source an OEM piston on evilbay if you are patient. I got OEM pistons for my P100 and 100 super as NOS on the bay. In the mean time try the Greek, if you ask specifically for a Meteor he may have one.

Good luck with that saw.

Hi Al, I forgot about your P62 parts. :bang::bang::bang:
I'll try like heck to check the postage tomorrow.
Sorry about that.

My good friend and fellow AS member Tom Coker was nice enough to send me this huge Partner Dealer binder. It's full of great info. It has all the Pioneer/Partner, P series Partners, R series, K series, 500/5000+ and everything in between. All the service manuals, IPL's, price lists, and tons service bulletins.... which I love to read. If anybody needs copies of certain ipl's or other info, let me know. I can send copies or try to scan them.

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8364.jpg

This is a cool pic of a P100.

IMG_8366.jpg

As I find good info, I'll post more.

I took a risk and bought an unknown model non running Partner from ebay for $100, In the description it said it weighed 12KG.
I thought it might be a 100cc model but when I got it still packed with the bar & chain the weight is 8.3KG :msp_sad:

View attachment 274101View attachment 274102View attachment 274103

I think it's a R18 55cc ?

Three of the started cover threads are stripped, the flywheel looks a bit ugly with the busted fins and missing pawl
but it should be a runner if I can find the parts.
]View attachment 274104 View attachment 274113

Last edited:
I took a risk and bought an unknown model non running Partner from ebay for $100, In the description it said it weighed 12KG.
I thought it might be a 100cc model but when I got it still packed with the bar & chain the weight is 8.3KG :msp_sad:

I think it's a R18 55cc ?

Three of the started cover threads are stripped, the flywheel looks a bit ugly with the busted fins and missing pawl
but it should be a runner if I can find the parts.

I take those risks too. But it is fun when you get something good.:msp_biggrin: It may be a 65cc version if you are lucky and I bet it has one of the closed port jugs that seem to go a bit harder.
Wayne, I have a bunch of parts for these - can you tell me exactly what you need?

I take those risks too. But it is fun when you get something good.:msp_biggrin: It may be a 65cc version if you are lucky and I bet it has one of the closed port jugs that seem to go a bit harder.
Wayne, I have a bunch of parts for these - can you tell me exactly what you need?

Thanks Al, I'll send you a PM later

New to me-Partner Saw??

Hey guys, got a partner saw from a friend of mine, but i got no idea what model or size it is. It has the tillotson carb on it. i think HS117B if i recall correctly. I pulled the muffler to check out the exhaust port and piston. Piston looks great, walls appear to be ok also? I figured it'd be ok though, its got INSANE compression. I have never honestly put my hands on a saw that was this hard to pull start. spins over real nice by hand, but when you yank the cord, it fights back!!!! lol Also, the exhaust port IS bridged, but not sure if that matters or not. maybe someone can tell me how to identify it without tearing the head off and measuring the cylinder bore, and stroke. Hope someone can help me out! thanks guys!

View attachment 274197View attachment 274198

Hey guys, got a partner saw from a friend of mine, but i got no idea what model or size it is. It has the tillotson carb on it. i think HS117B if i recall correctly. I pulled the muffler to check out the exhaust port and piston. Piston looks great, walls appear to be ok also? I figured it'd be ok though, its got INSANE compression. I have never honestly put my hands on a saw that was this hard to pull start. spins over real nice by hand, but when you yank the cord, it fights back!!!! lol Also, the exhaust port IS bridged, but not sure if that matters or not. maybe someone can tell me how to identify it without tearing the head off and measuring the cylinder bore, and stroke. Hope someone can help me out! thanks guys!

I can't help you with the model but to check bore pull the muffler and put popsicle stick or plastic straw through the exhaust port until it touches the rear cylinder wall and bring the piston up by hand hard enough to mark the straw. Measure the straw from back to the mark.
For stroke, pull the plug and insert a straw into the cylinder and roll the piston to bottom, mark the straw at the edge of the plug hole and then roll the piston to TDC, mark it and measure the distance between marks.

I can't help you with the model but to check bore pull the muffler and put popsicle stick or plastic straw through the exhaust port until it touches the rear cylinder wall and bring the piston up by hand hard enough to mark the straw. Measure the straw from back to the mark.
For stroke, pull the plug and insert a straw into the cylinder and roll the piston to bottom, mark the straw at the edge of the plug hole and then roll the piston to TDC, mark it and measure the distance between marks.

BRILLIANT!!! Thanks fossil! Ill be back with some results and then maybe we can figure this out eh!??!?! lol now im excited!

That's what I do. I use a popsicle stick or tongue depressor. You can get very accurate that way. It's a little harder/less accurate on a bridged port though.

Ok, roughly... lol 36mm stroke, and 46-48mm bore? That bridge in the port DOES make it tricky...i measured on both sides with a skinny popsicle stick. Now to see what i can come up with by searching.

Well that makes it around 53 - 55 cc

Cool! Good deal! Wht size bar ya recommend? I aint got one for it. It didnt come with one. To bad i didnt luck into a BIG BOY! lol I been dying for a reason to buy a big bar! lol Chics dig guys with big bars!! :rock:

whoa, edit...calculation was wrong, so that makes it roughly around 65cc? NIIICE! that'll keep upto the 272xp! YEEAHHH BUDDY!
Wander what "model" that might make it? hmm, time to do some digging!! Thanks Fossil!

Last edited:
Cool! Good deal! Wht size bar ya recommend? I aint got one for it. It didnt come with one. To bad i didnt luck into a BIG BOY! lol I been dying for a reason to buy a big bar! lol Chics dig guys with big bars!! :rock:

whoa, edit...calculation was wrong, so that makes it roughly around 65cc? NIIICE! that'll keep upto the 272xp! YEEAHHH BUDDY!
Wander what "model" that might make it? hmm, time to do some digging!! Thanks Fossil!

Yeah my math skills are a little rusty and my memory is a little shorter. The Partner experts will have to help you with the model.

Your looks like mine, could be a R18 or R19

View attachment 274226View attachment 274227

Latest posts

Back