Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
????

Temper temper.

The impulse grommet is a joke and the intake boot is a slip on fit. NO clamps! I am having a hard time getting one to hold pressure during vac pressure test. I made my own grommet to fix the impluse sealing issue. The new one I made is longer and slides up on the nipple further. Very bad design. I woudl rather have a solid block between the cylinder and carb. There is no need for an intake boot on this saw because the carb is not isolated from the cylinder by av mounts. JUNK! JUNK! JUNK!

Partner 5500 = Poulan Pro 325 another one passing through. :msp_biggrin:

325pp002.jpg

325pp004.jpg

325pp009.jpg

Nice !!! hey whats the deal on those they did'nt have chain brakes?, Very nice saw

That was from the time when they only put chain brakes on girls saws!

Poulan was highly resistant to the chain brakes and used hand guards, bananna nosed bars and later safety chains instead.
The requirement was for every saw to have 2 of the safety features from a list including sheilded bar tips, low contact (bananna) bar tips, safety chain, chain brakes, and sonme others I can't remember right now.
Poulan (like I do) thought that chain brakes were a bad idea and resisted until the bitter end.
They had brakes, and used them in Canada where they were mandated, and they could be special ordered for a time here, before they became mandatory.

Mike

Latest posts

Back