Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For general inforation: a Husqvarna 55 brake band can be made to work in a Partner 500[5000] chain brake. The fixed end has to be modified a little. I used a aftermarket band so maybe a original will work better. Edit: this fix works on the newer plastic chain covers.

Took these out of shelf queen status and fueled and oiled them and fired them up.

7e7ff504f06e056856c6553a05d58fec.jpg
023b977e64d4edad391c5fad691f3ec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I had to have a rotator cuff repair a few years back and they installed a couple screws just for good measure. That shoulder gets to burning sometimes specially when limbing above shoulder height. I cut a big ash yesterday and some of the top had main limbs 7-8 feet in the air after it was on the ground , I tell ya I was happy when i got done with it. Adds to the tree length pile nicely but I would not want to do that all day every day for sure.

Pics

Attachments

• Partner 500 001.JPG
    Partner 500 001.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Partner 500 002.JPG
    Partner 500 002.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Partner 500 003.JPG
    Partner 500 003.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Partner 500 004.JPG
    Partner 500 004.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Partner 500 005.JPG
    Partner 500 005.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 53
Not attempting to thread jump but I know no other way to ask. So here goes, I recently bought a Poulan Pro 225 from a fella in the Trading Post I would like to now buy a case for it. If anyone has one that fits the little saw and you want to sell it please pm me I may be interested. I am going into the Poulan thread and post the same message. Thanks for your time and I apologize for jumping into the middle of things Thanks again Jeff

Hey gang,

I am searching for a good used ignition module/coil for a Partner P100 Super...

It was really running great after a fresh carb kit, fuel line, and cleaning it out with some sea foam to loosen the rings out a bit.... the piston and cylinder look great and it has awesome compression!

I ran it quite a while after the freshen up and went to start it the next day and she wouldn't even cough or sputter...

Tested spark and found it very, very weak... gapped module at .008 and no better spark.

Pulled spark plug wire out of module and found almost all the wires were broke off that were touching the module post... got it!

Wrong.... same weak spark as before...

Did the coil in the oven trick after that, still no good...

Can anyone help me out?

Hey gang,

I am searching for a good used ignition module/coil for a Partner P100 Super...

It was really running great after a fresh carb kit, fuel line, and cleaning it out with some sea foam to loosen the rings out a bit.... the piston and cylinder look great and it has awesome compression!

I ran it quite a while after the freshen up and went to start it the next day and she wouldn't even cough or sputter...

Tested spark and found it very, very weak... gapped module at .008 and no better spark.

Pulled spark plug wire out of module and found almost all the wires were broke off that were touching the module post... got it!

Wrong.... same weak spark as before...

Did the coil in the oven trick after that, still no good...

Can anyone help me out?
One piece ignition or ignitron?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

It says Ignitron on the recoil cover, which looks like a one piece to me if original to the saw.

I can take a pic later today

It says Ignitron on the recoil cover, which looks like a one piece to me if original to the saw.

I can take a pic later today
If ignitron , there is a hidden "rifa" electronic module in the rear handle base located under the killswitch. Sometime wires not correct or grounded

If ignitron , there is a hidden "rifa" electronic module in the rear handle base located under the killswitch. Sometime wires not correct or grounded

You can use a "real" one piece coil off later partners so as p7000plus or husqv.272 ... if so, rifa module has to be removed

Well, that is it!!

The wire had fallen apart to the module inside the handle! Geez, what a place to hide the module....

The wire was broken completely off the rifa module....

I bet with new wiring she will be back to a nice roar!

Back