Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the tiny pin - thats pressed in the crankcase! This gives the oiler piston vertical movement when rotating.
Thouse pin often worn out an can be replaced E.

I ended up buying the 2 early black cased 500's from Kinsie. I had not been deep into one that old, and found it to be a pre 82 with a Ignitron ign.

I also found that the early version oilers did not have the metal pin you mention but instead had a plastic pin made into the plastic housing. I also found the early and later worm gears to be basically the same despite a certain someone saying one was reverse threaded.

The case did have the hole in it to install the metal pin that comes with the later style oiler kit. The saw oils great now.

Pete, i just noticed your R11 came with the hard to find factory flywheel puller. I didn't see it but there is supposed to be a insert come with it. Do you have that also? It is needed to slip on the end of the crankshaft when using the puller.

what u see is what I got. that is not there.
It might show a picture of it in that R11 instruction manual. It's a important piece to have as the end of those cranks are very delicate, cant be just pushing and pounding on the end of them.

I have been keeping a eye out for decent R11 myself, just have not run across the right opportunity yet.

a trade may be possible on this one. I will be picky tho. have let a few go, and kicked myself later.

Yeah right, I know what you mean there.

I wasn't meaning anything about yours. I was just saying I'm a little picky on getting one. It would have to be a pretty decent one as we all know parts don't grow on trees for these things. I have still yet to find a sawdust guard and a decent clutch cover for the R12..

Pete, i just noticed your R11 came with the hard to find factory flywheel puller. I didn't see it but there is supposed to be a insert come with it. Do you have that also? It is needed to slip on the end of the crankshaft when using the puller.

Hi! As an insert in my puller kit I use a piece of a 12mm bolt, or actually two pieces because the insert to the clutch need to be longer than the insert to the flywheel. At least on my R12 anyway. The longer one is 32 millimeter long and the shorter one 19 millimeter.
Here is some pictures... the last one is a picture of my "full" puller kit. Some parts are homemade but works great.:D

Attachments

• 20171120 (3).jpg
    20171120 (3).jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171120 (4).jpg
    20171120 (4).jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20171120 (5).jpg
    20171120 (5).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20171120 (1).jpg
    20171120 (1).jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi! As an insert in my puller kit I use a piece of a 12mm bolt, or actually two pieces because the insert to the clutch need to be longer than the insert to the flywheel. At least on my R12 anyway. The longer one is 32 millimeter long and the shorter one 19 millimeter.
Here is some pictures... the last one is a picture of my "full" puller kit. Some parts are homemade but works great.:D

The original insert slipped over the crank and pushed on the shoulder of the crank, right by the flywheel. That was to avoid pushing on the end of the crank itself.

Be careful pushing directly on the end of that crankshaft not to damage/mushroom it. You will probably be ok as long as you don't run into a really stubbornly tight one.

The original insert slipped over the crank and pushed on the shoulder of the crank, right by the flywheel. That was to avoid pushing on the end of the crank itself.

Be careful pushing directly on the end of that crankshaft not to damage/mushroom it. You will probably be ok as long as you don't run into a really stubbornly tight one.

Hi Mark. You wrote in the "Partner R12-thread" that you made your own insert. Do you have a picture of that? I think I should try to make one myself because the end of my crankshaft is pretty worn. I used a hammer before I got my puller.:(

I was given a Partner saw SN1008958 16" sprocket nose 3/8. Bar is OK, chain is toast.
See (you suck-2018)
I am having a tougher time than usual to ID this item. It is probably around a R15 or R16 as it is a rigid handle. However it has a two part ignition and has no points, so I assume it is a "T"version. All the pieces except the clutch cover are black without a spec of yellow anywhere except for a later brake type clutch cover, which is all yellow. I had seen somewhere that the R15 was the rancher version of the R16 and is the reason for the black paint.
Can anyone please help clear it up for me-thanks
[photo=medium]5129[/photo]
[photo=medium]5128[/photo]

I was given a Partner saw SN1008958 16" sprocket nose 3/8. Bar is OK, chain is toast.
See (you suck-2018)
I am having a tougher time than usual to ID this item. It is probably around a R15 or R16 as it is a rigid handle. However it has a two part ignition and has no points, so I assume it is a "T"version. All the pieces except the clutch cover are black without a spec of yellow anywhere except for a later brake type clutch cover, which is all yellow. I had seen somewhere that the R15 was the rancher version of the R16 and is the reason for the black paint.
Can anyone please help clear it up for me-thanks
[photo=medium]5129[/photo]
[photo=medium]5128[/photo]
its a farmer f55 I think ?

Back