Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys!
Just picked this up and trying to decide what model it is. It has the 56mm piston so that narrows it some. It was missing the coil and I put a 55 husky coil on to try it, I can get it to pop but I think I sprayed to much oil in the lower end to lube the bearings. Anyway I would appreciate any info and whether to sell it whole or would I get more parting it out? I tried to do a compression test on it and couldn't turn it over without the de-comp pushed, so seems to have a ton!
R435

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, great info woods works! It has a little play in a bearing and has sat for a long time, pulls over nice with the de-comp but I flat can't turn it without it in! Well I can but it's thump--thump, mufflers not plugged? I really don't need it and think I'll list it on both sites and see what I get for offers. I one of you are in need of a part you can't find, I'm open to that also.

Knowing--56mm bore, thyrister ign. (2pc. mounting bracket) and w/de-comp, narrows it to R440T.
R40 and R440 are point ign.
P100 2pc. ign. module in handle, no de-comp.
P100S one pc. ign., no de-comp.

View attachment 655574

That chart has been passed around for years and is a good source of info, but hardly tells it all.

Like I said, the P100 has a lot of difference in that of a R440. The complete oiling system, case's, clutch cover, muffler, starter cover, decomp etc. The chart don't help with that stuff. IPL's will show it better but then again being deep in them both experience teaches also.

Thanks everyone, great info woods works! It has a little play in a bearing and has sat for a long time, pulls over nice with the de-comp but I flat can't turn it without it in! Well I can but it's thump--thump, mufflers not plugged? I really don't need it and think I'll list it on both sites and see what I get for offers. I one of you are in need of a part you can't find, I'm open to that also.
Be aware, the clutch side bearing for a R440 is odd and I could not find a exact replacement anywhere. It is like a 6203 but 1 mm wider. I ended up using a 6203 but had to use a 1mm spacer between the bearing and the oiler gear to keep the gear lined up properly.

How cool is that, if there is a will there is a way. I like the big dogs, but just don't need another same that I don't have any parts for, eating up what little saw budget that I have. They are all fun, but expensive.

How cool is that, if there is a will there is a way. I like the big dogs, but just don't need another same that I don't have any parts for, eating up what little saw budget that I have. They are all fun, but expensive.

I have not seen these old Partners bring a lot of money, if your not going to keep it, then it hopefully goes to a collector. As for use like I said the P100 is a better option, they were much improved and have better power.

I had a deal to buy a nice R40T from a older member here, I wanted to see if I could find out what exactly was different between it and the R440T. We made the deal and I kept waiting for him to have me send the money for it and him to ship it, but he seems to have disappeared.

I thought at one point I was going to drive 100 miles to meet him but that didn't come to be either. Hope nothing happened to him.

Speaking of big dogs, here is my R440T that came with one big H&S style fabricated dog. I thought it would be nice to find another to have dual dogs but thought it would be impossible to find. Low and behold only a couple weeks after getting the saw done, another H&S dog showed up on ebay for a pittance..

100_3978 (Custom).JPG

Here is another picture of it. The 36" roller nose bar came with it and is actually a Stihl bar fitted with bar stud spacers. It has .404 chain on it. 100_3835 (Custom).JPG

Latest posts

Back