Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks my three digit partners are semi pro, four digit partners pro. I’m new to partners always wanted a few, we have mostly 500’s here. I have a p85 and a larger cylinder partner. I think it’s a 95. Thanks again. Bill

Thanks my three digit partners are semi pro, four digit partners pro. I’m new to partners always wanted a few, we have mostly 500’s here. I have a p85 and a larger cylinder partner. I think it’s a 95. Thanks again. Bill

So the R16 would be an homeowner saw even though it is all metal ? I have one that doesnt run often but she’s pretty reliable and seems heavy duty

The R16 is pre 1970. In my mind there was no saw produced in Sweden at that time that would not be classified as a professional saw so that makes it one by default. However, it's all-metal construction is not indicative of it's classification in this case because AFAIK there weren't any saws made with plastic components back then.

The R16 is pro. It's replaced by the pro P55 and the semi-pro S55 (See what they did there!)
The P55 is replaced by the 5000, the S55 by the 550.
Later come the 5000 Plus and 500.

Btw, there are 4 categories in my marketing model.
Professional
Semi-professional (Same chassis as pro but with cheaper cylinder and detail differences.)
Farm/Ranch saws (Many kinds of configurations but not derived from a pro saw.)
Homeowner/Hobby saws (Sold through hardware store with replacement warranty.)

The R16 is pre 1970. In my mind there was no saw produced in Sweden at that time that would not be classified as a professional saw so that makes it one by default. However, it's all-metal construction is not indicative of it's classification in this case because AFAIK there weren't any saws made with plastic components back then.

The R16 is pro. It's replaced by the pro P55 and the semi-pro S55 (See what they did there!)
The P55 is replaced by the 5000, the S55 by both the 550.
Later come the 5000 Plus and 500.

Btw, there are 4 categories in my marketing model.
Professional
Semi-professional (Same chassis as pro but with cheaper cylinder and detail differences.)
Farm/Ranch saws (Many kinds of configurations but not derived from a pro saw.)
Homeowner/Hobby saws (Sold through hardware store with replacement warranty.)

Thanks for infos

My son started up my new to me Partner 1655. My problem is the air filter is a coarse mesh. It looks like it won’t shop the fine saw dust is this right or can I buy a finer mesh filter for it?

My son started up my new to me Partner 1655. My problem is the air filter is a coarse mesh. It looks like it won’t shop the fine saw dust is this right or can I buy a finer mesh filter for it?
As previously suggested, the coarse mesh is probably the framework to which flocking was originally attached.
If it's the same as P55/S55, Partner no. is 315475, EMAB number, 505 31 54-75.
Does it look like this? https://store.chainsawr.com/products/partner-chainsaw-air-filter-new-replace-part-505-315475-box-516

Not sure I got a quick glance at it. I just purchased it and took it out of the box and she runs, it’s going to take a few tanks of gas to clean out the fuel system from the old fuel. It’s been a longtime since it ran. I like toaster saws. I have six of the 55’s tucked away.

Hello everyone. New fella here. Found this site browsing the net for information. This is a great thread that I am slowly reading through.

I'm faily new to the chainsaw game. Spent lots of time around my old man and his saws growing up, and now finally have my own small property. I have a small Stihl as my main saw that was given to me as a christmas gift a few years ago that I use around the yard.

But to the point at hand, I was browsing a local classifieds website and found an old saw that reminded me of one my old man had years ago. A Partner 5000. Not in the best shape, definitely been run hard. Got it for cheap. buddy said it ran, but poorly. After a bit of fooling around, found out the fuel line to the carb is rotten.It does have a chain with it as well, just separate.

Plan is to try and get it running and respectable looking. Hoping with some parts guidance from you experts here it won't be too hard to accomplish.
My first questions for today is where is the serial number located at on these saws? I'm hoping it's someplace other than the sticker on top... since it's almost nonexistant. Secondly without that, how would I tell the differences between a 5000, and 5000 plus?

Thanks for your guys help, and look forward to learning more here!

saw4.jpg

My first questions for today is where is the serial number located at on these saws? I'm hoping it's someplace other than the sticker on top... since it's almost nonexistant. Secondly without that, how would I tell the differences between a 5000, and 5000 plus?

Thanks for your guys help, and look forward to learning more here!
Don't take this as a bad thing but at first glance, what you may have there is a collection of parts which may be a Partner 5000.:D

The serial number should either be on an aluminium plate pinned under the rear handle or on early models, individual numbers punched into the front of the case.

The chainbrake is from a 1979 era 5000. The starter housing from a 1987 or later 5000Plus.
The key question is what cylinder does it have? Can you take the cover off and take a close--up of the flywheel side transfer port?

Don't take this as a bad thing but at first glance, what you may have there is a collection of parts which may be a Partner 5000.:D

The serial number should either be on an aluminium plate pinned under the rear handle or on early models, individual numbers punched into the front of the case.

The chainbrake is from a 1979 era 5000. The starter housing from a 1987 or later 5000Plus.
The key question is what cylinder does it have? Can you take the cover off and take a close--up of the flywheel side transfer port?

No offense taken... I have a Ford that's a collection of parts too!

I'll try and get a picture tonight when I get home from work.

Are new pioneer partner chainsaws still made? Are new partner saws still made?
Or are they both debunked? Kaput?

I"m slowly going over the 5000 I recently picked up. There's quite a bit of damage to the bar/sprocket area. Clutch cover is shattered at the bottom, tensioner bolt is bent, lots of gouging, and then this bar plate(?). It's definitely been chewed off on one side, and somewhat misshapen. The only way it appears to fit (somewhat) correctly seems to block the oiler port? A few Google image searches brought up images of plates that look different than this one.IMG_20190628_235524.jpg IMG_20190628_235539.jpg

Is the partner 500 the same as what you have there? There seems to be parts saws around.

I believe they look the same, but the 500 has some different internals from what I know with my limited knowledge.

That's the outside bar plate and is upside down in your pic, the slot is for chain tension pin clearance.

Thank you sir. I'm learning as I go with these.

Latest posts

Back