Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the kind words guys!!!

No, I knew what to expect on this one and I wasn't disappointed either.
I did run over to Melvins this afternoon and pick up a decent 18" chain for this one. I don't care for an 18" but since it will be on this saw only and the bar was in great shape........

Mike

I did run over to Melvins this afternoon and pick up a decent 18" chain for this one. I don't care for an 18" but since it will be on this saw only and the bar was in great shape........

Mike

An 18" doens't sound ideal to me - 13 -16" sounds a lot better......:biggrin:

Mike

I understand the personal preference thing but that saw will run the 18" just fine.

Does it have a spur or a rim on it? Are you aware of the hole in the case on them that you can use to lock the engine for clutch removal on them?

I understand the personal preference thing but that saw will run the 18" just fine.

Does it have a spur or a rim on it? Are you aware of the hole in the case on them that you can use to lock the engine for clutch removal on them?

Yeah Mark,

I just never saw any need whatsoever in an 18" bar.
It's just more sizes of chains hanging around in the way.

No I wasn't aware of that hole.
It's a great idea though!!!:msp_thumbup:

I just zipped the clutch right off with my cordless impact driver!!!:msp_ohmy:

I didn't have a 7 pin .325 but it seems to do okay with the 8 pin.
NOW to get out my rope stretcher and stretch the starter rope another 6 inches!

Mike

Yeah Mark,

I just never saw any need whatsoever in an 18" bar.
It's just more sizes of chains hanging around in the way.

No I wasn't aware of that hole.
It's a great idea though!!!:msp_thumbup:

I just zipped the clutch right off with my cordless impact driver!!!:msp_ohmy:

I didn't have a 7 pin .325 but it seems to do okay with the 8 pin.
NOW to get out my rope stretcher and stretch the starter rope another 6 inches!

Mike

Right, I gotcha, and in full size 3/8's on the Poulans and such the 18" is the one I will not keep around, its a oddball to me. Any saw I have that will mount that will also run a 20" just as well.

On the 50cc work saws though I actually prefer the .325 18" for limbing and it will reach quite a bit down the trunk before I grab the bigger saw.

Sure Mike...go out and find the top Partner just so you can fit in here.
I think some more investigating is in order...I think the UPS man was headed my way when Mike re-routed him then took the saw from his truck at saw point.
Congrats Mike looks very clean!

:msp_smile:

CIMG5290.jpg

CIMG5291.jpg

CIMG5292.jpg

I just bought this p55 a couple of weeks ago. It's been sitting a long time. Apparently the coil is bad, I haven't had time to even look at it.

180889d1303423103-pioneers-004-medium-jpg

This is my 500. Nice shape.

148380d1282597255-picture-008-medium-jpg

This is my 5000+. It's well used but runs really well.

148245d1282503591-picture-011-medium-jpg

I have an R16 out in the shed as well. The 500 and 5000 are my favorite 50cc firewood saws.

Here is a Partner P 511 that I had for a short time, and made some fast money on!
It´s a 49 cc with about 2,9 hp, clamshell design.
Similar to the Husqvarna 49 and Jonsered 2050, but an true Partner design.

Got to try it one time in the woods, and it did pretty well!

A Partner thread!!! WOOT!

Here's the haul I came across today. I got an R420 and an R435 or R440. The P85 is Dad's saw. Not his most favoritest saw but it kept us warm for many many winters in my youth... and no, I don't mean from running it!

Anybody know how to tell the difference between an R435 and an R440 without tearing it down to measure the cylinder?

183102d1304733149-0506012035-jpg

Well, I'm hoping somebody can tell me where to find a serial tag or something.

My fingers are crossed for an R440. 6 cube club, here I come!

Pull the muffler and put a drinking straw on top of the piston ,roll it over till you squash the straw. You may be able to get an idea by measuring the marks on the straw of the bore size. It's either 52 mm or 56mm.

Back