Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partner 505 3008 60 Crankshaft

I bought new 505-6008-60 crank on Ebay a yr. or so ago. I looked in all the IPL's I had and I can't find this PN. Does anybody know what it fits. I think I paid $12 for it. I thought from the group number it might fit the 5 series saws.

Shep

I just bought this p55 a couple of weeks ago. It's been sitting a long time. Apparently the coil is bad, I haven't had time to even look at it.

180889d1303423103-pioneers-004-medium-jpg

This is my 500. Nice shape.

148380d1282597255-picture-008-medium-jpg

This is my 5000+. It's well used but runs really well.

148245d1282503591-picture-011-medium-jpg

I have an R16 out in the shed as well. The 500 and 5000 are my favorite 50cc firewood saws.

Nice saws! You are in luck with the P55 - a coil from the Husky 55 series will have her up and running again.

Al.

Pull the muffler and put a drinking straw on top of the piston ,roll it over till you squash the straw. You may be able to get an idea by measuring the marks on the straw of the bore size. It's either 52 mm or 56mm.

It's 52mm, and the bore is in excellent shape.

Now is it an R35 or an R435?

It's 52mm, and the bore is in excellent shape.

Now is it an R35 or an R435?

Just from a quick search, a 435 has a chain brake and a 35 doesn't, but that may be wrong. Like I said, I don't know much about this series.

Nice saws! You are in luck with the P55 - a coil from the Husky 55 series will have her up and running again.

Al.

I was told a husky coil would fit, butI didn't know exactly which one till now. Thanks!:rock:

I was told it will run till it gets hot and then no spark, but it's missing a fuel line and an air filter so I haven't tested it yet.

Just from a quick search, a 435 has a chain brake and a 35 doesn't, but that may be wrong. Like I said, I don't know much about this series.

If you're going by the Acres site, the pictures aren't always representative of the actual saws.

The P85 is newer than either the R35 or R435 and it doesn't have a chainbrake.

Hmm, the year of manufacture might be stamped on the carburetor...

If you're going by the Acres site, the pictures aren't always representative of the actual saws.

The P85 is newer than either the R35 or R435 and it doesn't have a chainbrake.

Hmm, the year of manufacture might be stamped on the carburetor...

On my r-16 the serial number is up under the clutch cover I think, but I don't remember seeing a model number.

P5000
P5000+

Whats the differance ??
Acres list everything the same.
the 5000 i got yestday made in 1984.

I thought about picking that one up Ron. good deal for what they were asking. I never see those around here.

P5000
P5000+

Whats the differance ??
Acres list everything the same.
the 5000 i got yestday made in 1984.

That's the million dollar question Ron. I thought it would possibly be port timing differences. I did some measuring on the jugs and they appear to be the same. I know Partner changed the timing on the P52 when they made the P52+. I need to map the cylinders to be more accurate. One of my Pioneer/Partner 5000+ has the Walbro 158, all my others have the 82.

I thought that the 5000 is open port like the 500 and the 5000 plus is closed. All 3 of my 5000 plus's were made in 1984. The 5000 is the older version and also all my serial tags say just 5000. No plus at the end. So what I am saying is I bet Rons 5000 is a plus based on the year it was built.

The metal tag was off this one,he said it lost a rivit so he took it off.
just says 5000 and 1984 on it.
ser 009748.
they starter has ony partner on it. not pioneer/partner but is an electrolux.
looked close at the cover and it is a 500 cover.

attachment.php

Oh man,did i get hosed on this one !!
i posted a pic earlier.

attachment.php

started working on it to day,recoil had a problem then i found THIS !!

attachment.php

The plastic housing holding the spring is broke and missing plastic :(
put the starter from my 500 on it and it runs great !
noticed muffler was loose and found THIS ! :(

attachment.php

notice the top cover is crap also along with the muffler..
This is a saw i have been wanting for awhile.planned on a bit of porting etc. and make it a permanent keeper for the firewood cutting lineup.
I REALLY dont want to take the parts from my 500 as i want to keep that saw as part of the collection..
it seems the partner 500/5000 and Jred 490/590 share the common parts.
If anybody has anything i need for a saw i plan to KEEP let me know.
any suggestions or help appreciated.
tried other sponsors but nothing available :(

Oh man,did i get hosed on this one !!
i posted a pic earlier.

attachment.php

started working on it to day,recoil had a problem then i found THIS !!

attachment.php

The plastic housing holding the spring is broke and missing plastic :(
put the starter from my 500 on it and it runs great !
noticed muffler was loose and found THIS ! :(

attachment.php

notice the top cover is crap also along with the muffler..
This is a saw i have been wanting for awhile.planned on a bit of porting etc. and make it a permanent keeper for the firewood cutting lineup.
I REALLY dont want to take the parts from my 500 as i want to keep that saw as part of the collection..
it seems the partner 500/5000 and Jred 490/590 share the common parts.
If anybody has anything i need for a saw i plan to KEEP let me know.
any suggestions or help appreciated.
tried other sponsors but nothing available :(

I'm pretty sure I have a muffler Ron. I have a spare top cover too but it probably isn't any better than yours. I still have your address, I'll get the muffler in the mail.:)

You gotta promise not to send me any mini macs though.:msp_mad:

You gotta promise not to send me any mini macs though.:msp_mad:

:cry: Aw man !! they are already in the box !!!!!!!
Cris,only need the front 1/2 if that makes a diff ??
Tnx man,wish to hell i could send YOU something !!
how about a mac 330 ?? :)

attachment.php

At least with a muffler i can run it and check it out..
who da man on porting this series ??
now for the starter parts and my 500 be happy too :)

All the 5000+'s I have are closed port. They all just say 5000 on the model plate. I've never seen one that had the + on the tag.

I don't have a straight 5000, but it's my understanding from what I've read here and other places, the early 5000's were open and later 5000's were closed. If anybody has any info on this it sure would be appreciated. The one 5000 ipl I have shows it as an open port, but has a different part number as the 500 open port. The 5000+ is a different number also. I was told by an old Partner dealer that all 500's were open. That has been my findings.

I wonder why if the 500 and 5000 are both open port, why different part numbers? Maybe different port timing?

Ron, do you just need the plastic piece that houses the spring? I may have an extra, I'll check in the next day or two.

Ron, you can find those recoil springs on ebay, and there useally not that much. The spring and the plastic housing around it come as a assembly.

I have some black cylinder covers for a PP325 that might work on that if you want one. Seems something was different on them because of the tank vent stuff though. I can look if you want.

Back