Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the farmers came in black with orange a bit of orange, slightly yellow with black features, all yellow, all orange....
this is what i have seen up here.:msp_smile:
not a bad saw really.

some of my Partners

As you have been generous enough to show some of your Partners, I thought that I would show a few of mine.
None of these saw have been restored - they are "as shipped" from factory with age & wear and tear.
top row: 550, 5000 plus, 500 and 7000 plus
bottom: Poulan Pro 505 and 415 - these are Partner/Jonsered designs. The 415 had a Partner bow on it when I received it - probably of the few in this series to wear a bow.

View attachment 183905

As you have been generous enough to show some of your Partners, I thought that I would show a few of mine.
None of these saw have been restored - they are "as shipped" from factory with age & wear and tear.
bottom: Poulan Pro 505 and 415 - these are Partner/Jonsered designs. The 415 had a Partner bow on it when I received it - probably of the few in this series to wear a bow.

View attachment 183905

183905d1305343177-some-partners-5-13-11sm-jpg

View attachment 183905

I'm begining to not like you. First the Pioneer Pics, now some beautiful Partners.... just kidding, nice saws. :msp_thumbsup:

The R420 runs!!!

I cleaned 'er up, put in a new carb kit. 150psi compression.

Since it didn't happen without pictures... Here's a video!

[video=youtube;4kbTtW7r7ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kbTtW7r7ic[/video]

Now for my next trick, the mystery R35/R435. When I bought it it had no spark at all.

This afternoon I popped the flywheel off, filed and reset the points to .016.

Now I have an intermittent spark. Good spark, just intermittent.

Coil measures 6.35K ohms. Not sure if that's good or not...

Do the points need more filing? Bad condenser? Bad coil?

Now for my next trick, the mystery R35/R435. When I bought it it had no spark at all.

This afternoon I popped the flywheel off, filed and reset the points to .016.

Now I have an intermittent spark. Good spark, just intermittent.

Coil measures 6.35K ohms. Not sure if that's good or not...

Do the points need more filing? Bad condenser? Bad coil?

Nice job on the 420. I keep looking for one of those big Partners.

I got to run Rods P-100 last summer and it was a blast.

Intermittent spark is useally points from my experiance.

Well, I found the source of the intermittent spark on the R35.

Problem exists between screwdriver and shop floor. Some hack wannabe chainsaw mechanic forgot to tighten down the points screws. In other words, me.

I realized this when I was out visiting the folks this afternoon. Bragging to Dad about getting the R420 running and suddenly it hits me... oh, my, gawd... I never tightened down the points after I set them!

They had wandered out to about .025.

I touched them up with the points file again for good measure, set them back to .016, and buttoned it back up. SPARK! She's a hot one now.

If the weather stinks tomorrow, and it looks like it will, I will have a running R35 to go with the R420.

Tonights menu features raw baloney butts with a side of fried P-85 piston... :msp_ohmy:

Oh the rings were stuck all right... Stuck under a layer of melted aluminum!

Amazingly the jug looks like barely scored at all. I think it'll clean right up with a little honing.

184308d1305588011-0516011828-jpg

I have a philosophical question for you fellas...

I have an old wore-out 22" hardnose bar for the R32. It's a .058 bar, but the chain that came with it is .050 and rusty.

The bar's still got a few cuts left in it, and I really don't want to sink $$$ into a new bar right now. Seems like an awful waste to throw a new chain on this junky old bar.

Do I drop $$ on a new chain, or scrounge around to see if I can find someone with an old loop of .058?

If the bar is almost shot, and the chain ain't the greatest, I'd run what you have. It's not gonna hurt anything on the saw.

Back