Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark is right, a Husky 55 coil will fit right on.
Hey Mark, what do you think of your PP475? I have the chance to get a Johnny 2077 and was wondering how they run.

Al.

Mark is right, a Husky 55 coil will fit right on.
Hey Mark, what do you think of your PP475? I have the chance to get a Johnny 2077 and was wondering how they run.

Al.

Al, the 475 I have is pretty strong running but mine has a Stihl 460 piston and a ton of compression. I never ran it stock as it came basically a non runner.

I think there pretty much the same, the original Partner, the Jred and the Poulan Pro.

The back of the cases seem thin though and the plastic on the handle seems to break easy as I have seen several that way.

7000 Coil

Thanks Guys!!! That helps alot!!
I take it that the Husky 50, 51,55 along with the Partner 500, 5000 Jonsered 490 and 590 all have the same coil? That's a wide field which to look in.

Yep, lots of coils will fit your Partner. Although I have seen an S55 with a 2 piece coil once, not sure if it was original - I did not know much about Partners then.
Mark, thanks for that evaluation. The guy with the 2077 kind of values it a bit more than me so I am thinking it might have to stay with him. Oh well, I have a nice S55 that is going to get the 65 treatment this weekend. Will post some pics when I am done.

Al.

Anyone want this as a parts saw? P&C look fine through the port. spark plug wire pulls out of the coil. all parts appear to be there. metal is beat to crap. Plastic rear handle has a broken part - the small portion on the bottom of the handle, but usable. this doesn't match the rest of the saws in the garage. PM me if interested.

-bump-
going in the trash this weekend.

-bump-
going in the trash this weekend.

180888d1303423097-pioneers-002-medium-jpg

Does it look anything like this?

I recently repaired one of those Frontiers (it was a Partner 350) and it was a very good learning experience. I made a new gasket to stop the bar oil getting into the bottom end and it ran like a beauty. Quite an elegant design.

P4220783.jpg

I recently repaired one of those Frontiers (it was a Partner 350) and it was a very good learning experience. I made a new gasket to stop the bar oil getting into the bottom end and it ran like a beauty. Quite an elegant design.

P4220783.jpg

Yes, but a cheap an "generic" design, that was sold by lots of brands....:msp_wink:

S55

Picked up this old S55 that cleaned up really nice. Put a new ring in as compression was down and bingo, a strong runner. First Partner that I have not needed to renew the fuel lines.
I was going to fit an aftermarket K65 p/c but no dice - they are different. I thought it would fit but I was wrong. Anyway it is a fine little runner.

P10109772.jpg

P10109802.jpg

P10109782.jpg

P1010984.jpg

P1010982.jpg

Al.

Had the day off, and was puttering around the house.

Decided to swap the bars between the R35 and the R420 so the new 22" hardnose was on the R420. That's the one I'm keeping.

Just for grins, I flipped the ignition and choke switches and gave it a pull. When it fired and ran on the FIRST PULL, I nearly dropped it! That's never, ever happened before.

Only good thing that happened today. Smashed two fingers on my left hand in a door, cut the other three in three separate incidents. Work called. Brother's acting like an idiot. Good times.

Pioneer Partner 550 fuel line question

Pioneer Partner 550 fuel line question
I have a Pioneer Partner 550 chainsaw, it has been leaking fuel for a couple seasons, however, I decided enough is enough and took the cover off to find the problem. There are 2 fuel lines coming from the tank. One goes to a white plastic inlet on the carb, the other tube was loose within the cover. I can see where it goes into the tank, but I can not find anywhere this hose would mount on this saw or carb. From the way it was laying and the length, it must go on the opposite side of the carb as the first hose, but again, I can not find where. I was hoping to find a diagram online, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back