Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered why I was having such a hard time with it. Was doing the proper adjustments. Would not run at all.

Turns out when I put the new float in, the spring didn't seat properly and got pushed outta position. It was late tonight when I fixed it but I just fired it up quickly as to not annoy the neighbors and hey it works now:D

On a side note, my carb kits didn't come with new springs. Was disappointed in that.

When we got a dirtbike rebuilt we did midnight fly bys through the neighborhood. Of course I plowed all there driveways for free when it snowed. It has its perks.

You guys have more partners there and in europe than here. Be aware I seen saws look like this and ran after cleaning them up.

It might run, but I gotta be careful about fixing up my parts saws lol

Picked this up on the way home from work last night. Guy had it buried in his shed. Fresh gas and it ran. Needed a muffler, half of a rear handle, pull cord handle and half the nuts and bolts were loose or jacked up replacements. Piston and cylinder are great. Another 55cc saw.

Having parts saws laying around are great.

20190831_190047.jpg 20190831_190145.jpg 20190831_190122.jpg

Picked up two more cubes. Both R517T or so I'm told. An older fella bought the one with the decal in 1979 and has used it since. The other was his spare. It still has an almost new air filter with the flocking still on it. Both run and start great. The one on the right doesn't stay running at idle. Needs a carb adjustment.

Was a good weekend getting three runners. The one I posted the other day is something else. It starts with no choke, second pull everytime. I thought it was a fluke, but it's done it every day.

20190902_174145.jpg 20190902_174234.jpg

Where can I find a new head gasket, crank seals other r12 parts?
If ya give me a part number I can look in my stuff. I have a fair amount of stuff from a closed out dealer here in Harvard...im looking for a top end at least for a R440 I'm gonna try and bring back to the living...any help much appreciated..

the can

I am looking for a chain break for a partner 5000 but cant fine one. What other chainbreak and side cover could be used instead?

Other saws in that family would include the 5500, 500, pp325 and jred 490/590. Yellow, black, red...

I am looking for a chain break for a partner 5000 but cant fine one. What other chainbreak and side cover could be used instead?

Iirc the partner 400 fits but not 100 percent sure.

so different subject here but working on my r440 project. cleaning the crank and noticed the oil hole from the clutch drum bearing goes to the crankcase side of the crank through a very small drilling. So that I guess the fuel oil mix will keep the clutch hub bearing lubed.....unique detail. Only noticed it while cleaning the crank in a parts washer...

the can

i like it shows the smarts of a free thinking group of engineers. It part of what i like working on historic saws seeing all the various styles of solving the same design challenges! Also looking for a 440 cylinder..

cheers
the can

P&v testing a p70 is where/when I discovered the auto lube feature.
That was my first partner and the saw that originally brought me to this site looking for info.

I think I only had a half dozen saws at that point, boy did that change quick, lol...

Pulled the R30 off of the shelf today and went to put a carb kit on it. I really like this big old girl, but every time I work on it I get frustrated.. LOL
First off, it doesn't have a Tillotson on it like the IPL and Acres both say. Walboro SDC 30 instead... Match up the diaghphrams with what came out... Fires first pull, then promptly proceeds to flood itself so bad it pours liquid fuel out the exhaust... Swap the pump side diaphragm, now it runs but leans out as it warms up. Sure enough, Intake block is cracked... Again, part in the IPL looks nothing like whats on the saw... Thankfully searching the part number found me a new one.

Out of curosity, being the IPL, and the ones for the later models all say I should be dealing with a Tillotson, I wonder just what else is different on this saw? I know it is rather early production and predates the 10-27-71 service bulletin.

Purchased a 5000 thinking they all came with the infamous closed port cylinder and mine does not. Was really looking forward to porting this saw. Should I just run the open port stock or look for a closed port top end? Does anybody have one they are willing to part with?

Those of you who bought those Patrner roller nose bars on eBay a while back. Did any of you find out which chain you need? I have two of them and one is on a P55, but I need a chain for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back