Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice finds, there becoming more rare finding them still in good condition. Partners must have been good saws the owners ran them into the ground getting every bit they could out of them just look at the ones on eBay.

I managed to get these two a while back. The one closest in the pictures is a 7000, but I'm still not 100% on what the other one is? When I got them saw told the other saw doesn't run so was for spares... once again all that was wrong was that the coil lead wasn't making a decent connection to the coil. By luck i have an identical saw missing a coil so i have spares for it, but still not sure on the model?

Is the muffler on that back one factory? It's different from what I've typically seen on these (granted I'm not well versed in Partner saws yet), that might help you figure out the model if it's unique to a certain model or series.

Also might try Magnus on chainsawcollector - from what I've seen, he's an authority of sorts on these.

Is the muffler on that back one factory? It's different from what I've typically seen on these (granted I'm not well versed in Partner saws yet), that might help you figure out the model if it's unique to a certain model or series.

Also might try Magnus on chainsawcollector - from what I've seen, he's an authority of sorts on these.
I'm sure it's genuine. It's the same as the one i have on this parts saw.
I have seen him on a few Facebook pages. It's all part of the fun with these old girls though!
Partner.jpg

That is a different muffler than I've seen either. Maybe specific to the Aussie market?
7000 looks to have an older lid on it (?), no spark plug boot shroud.
Could well be on both remarks. I hadn't thought about the lid before.

Could well be on both remarks. I hadn't thought about the lid before.
Reminds me of a R40T, not like any 7000 I've seen. Do you know in which half of the c/case the oil pump resides?

BTW, Partners not being a common sight in most of Australia. Are you near one of the "hotspots" like Geelong or Mount Gambier?

Reminds me of a R40T, not like any 7000 I've seen. Do you know in which half of the c/case the oil pump resides?

BTW, Partners not being a common sight in most of Australia. Are you near one of the "hotspots" like Geelong or Mount Gambier?
I'm not sure mate, I'll have to have a better look at it.
I'm in South Australia, But no where near Mount Gambier. There was at least one Partner dealer in Adelaide, M.S. McLeod's. Both my Pa & Dad bought there saw's there & a few of mine have their stickers on them.

Have you noticed on ebay the partner saw prices are going up? Most of the skil saw and partner models have higher prices. The shipping costs are killing me. Most vintage saw prices are making me think about why do I do this.?
Here’s one of my many partner/pioneer 400’s. Little half slice toaster.

Attachments

• 56C27B3D-5739-40F7-A7AF-EACCE69548E2.jpeg
    56C27B3D-5739-40F7-A7AF-EACCE69548E2.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 9C604649-55C9-45B5-886E-7BF4EB053D93.jpeg
    9C604649-55C9-45B5-886E-7BF4EB053D93.jpeg
    683.2 KB · Views: 9
I've noticed the prices of old saws generally is going up, more people getting into the hobby or less saws around?? I can't afford to spend much, so only buy stuff when i see cheap. Hence most of the stuff i get is covered in crap & needs a little love, but it's all part of the fun! Sometimes the hunt is the best part!!

I need to be more frugal. This stock market is eating up my savings.

My expense now it those 32 qt + plastic bins with lids to store disassembled saws in. To get parts for till I get to them.

I'm not sure mate, I'll have to have a better look at it.
I'm in South Australia, But no where near Mount Gambier. There was at least one Partner dealer in Adelaide, M.S. McLeod's. Both my Pa & Dad bought there saw's there & a few of mine have their stickers on them.
Of course! I 'd nearly forgotten M.S. Mcleod - National distributor of Michelin tyres and S.A. distributor of Partner chainsaws.
I was with Husqvarna Australia when we took over National distribution (and chainsaw assembly) of Partner From Electrolux Australia in 1983. My dealings with MCleod's were minimal but I remember the street address (Pulteney Street Adelaide) and that S.A. Partner distribution moved to Rover Scott-Bonnar.

Of course! I 'd nearly forgotten M.S. Mcleod - National distributor of Michelin tyres and S.A. distributor of Partner chainsaws.
I was with Husqvarna Australia when we took over National distribution (and chainsaw assembly) of Partner From Electrolux Australia in 1983. My dealings with MCleod's were minimal but I remember the street address (Pulteney Street Adelaide) and that S.A. Partner distribution moved to Rover Scott-Bonnar.
That's them. I'm too young to remember them, but have heard & seen the name on stickers.
e95bbe8d937235e1a01048a68411be49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I notice a McCullough 1000 pro looks like my partner R40? Is the McCullough a relabeled partner?

Finally got around to resurrecting my P100 today. Original Mahle grenaded about 3 years ago. Amazingly, everything else survived. Flushed the bottom end and hit the cylinder with 220 and a drill. Cleaned up really well. Rod and crank smooth and tight. Ended up going with a cheap knockoff slug , as OEM are far and few between. Everything measured up okay, so we will see. Went with a 1/64" base gasket, but it has lots of room still. Brute to pull over without the decomp activated. It has seen a lot of miles, but it responds well with the new piston.

IMG_8655.JPG
IMG_8657.JPG
IMG_8685.JPGIMG_8686.JPGIMG_8687.JPGIMG_8690.JPGIMG_8692.JPG

Ended up going with a cheap knockoff slug , as OEM are far and few between. Everything measured up okay, so we will see. Went with a 1/64" base gasket, but it has lots of room still. Brute to pull over without the decomp activated. It has seen a lot of miles, but it responds well with the new piston.

LOL! When I got my 440 I had just cleaned out the carb and was pulling it over trying to get'r to fire so I could tune it. I guess it must've fired enough to close the decomp at one point, because I darn near ripped it out of my hands (drop start). After that, I checked the decomp every pull. I haven't legit tried to start it without the decomp - pretty much don't want to. :laugh:

Where'd you get the aftermarket piston?

Hey do any of u fellas know why the partner 500 has a Walbro 82A on them and the 5000 has the 158A. Is there a difference I’m not seeing besides the governor just curious got a bunch lying around and If one was better then the other

A lot of time to work on saws these days it seems. I tackled a 1655 I had shelved years ago with worn/missing parts. Swapped an oil pump, clutch and rim assembly off of a spent S65. Cleaned it up with some new plumbing. New grommet/nipple/vent tube. The original air "filter" wouldn't have held a wood chip back. It is filtering well now. Seals tight. Runs pretty decent.

Partner 1655 S50 (1).JPGPartner 1655 S50 (4).JPGPartner 1655 S50 (7).JPGPartner 1655 S50 (8).JPGPartner 1655 S50 (11).JPG

.I was given a partner r440t over the summer must have sat with water in it cause pretty corroded. Got a case half for it and just stumbled on a nos top end! So im getting back into it and looking forward to getting it together...old top end lost a ring locating pin so pretty rough to fix...its got spark too. Seems the partners are getting a little more popular...cool

the can

Latest posts

Back