Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok school me on starting my partner r440...It's a fresh build. I have run it. I flooded it pretty good at first so it would try to pull the cord out of my hand till i got it cleared out...But even with the comp release seems i should set it at tdc and pull from there....any thoughts? It sounds great looking forward to running it....for real.

thanks
The can

ops as to previous thread. Ya could prob slot the coil mount holes some more and move the coil up. Usually unless the crank bearing has alot of play you should be able to set you coil gap with the factory slots in the coil...

ok school me on starting my partner r440...It's a fresh build. I have run it. I flooded it pretty good at first so it would try to pull the cord out of my hand till i got it cleared out...But even with the comp release seems i should set it at tdc and pull from there....any thoughts? It sounds great looking forward to running it....for real.

thanks
The can
How far out are the carb screws a good starting point on any partners I have is 1 1/4 turns out from lightly seated.

well did some power testing with the r440t partner late today...Got the carb tuned in and after some cuts to clean it out starts nice. I did replace the std. pull cord handle with a full D shaped handle like on a rescue saw....Cold full choke with throttle locked open couple-three pulls. 25 inch soft maple was a easy work out. Nice to run a saw that will really oil the chain always fun to see some fly off the nose when ya blip the throttle. Ill get some pictures up at some point. It was a beat up pretty good. One of the biggest things was cutting the muffler open and beating all the dents out of it bead blasting the rust off and welding it back up. Had to laugh it has a head shield with fiberglass backing between it and the muffler. I guess to keep the muffler heat off the front of the oil tank. Its got a nice sound to it..

the can

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine gave me his Partner P100 Super to work on and I am needing some help. I am looking for a carby rebuild kit for it. Would anyone have the part number or kit number for the carby. I have attached photo's

Cheers
Justin

Attachments

• 20201106_182717.jpg
    20201106_182717.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201107_160413.jpg
    20201107_160413.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201107_160152.jpg
    20201107_160152.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Is there a good source for a replacement spark plug wire for a Partner F55 (Farmer) Thanks
Those 2-piece Thyristor can be swapped out using a Husky 61/272 coil if needed. Or the high tension wire from the Husky should be able to be threaded out, trimmed and refitted. I recently dumped the 2-piece from a P100 for a single Husky coil. Fire on the off position, though.

Just doing a carb rebuild on this F55 and surprised at the size of the carb compared to the Homelite 54 I pick up the other day. Same size motor 55/54cc but the Partner Tilly looks twice as big, venturi vise. I also have a Skil (1646) version of the S65 which needs a carb kit.

Is there a good source for a replacement spark plug wire for a Partner F55 (Farmer) Thanks
Lee, your best bet is to measure the diameter of the wire you need and go to a Stihl dealer and buy a foot of it. They should carry the two common sizes of 5mm and 7mm in bulk. If you still have the plug cap, just remove it and put it on the new wire. If the cap is hard, soak it in hot water to soften it up.

Latest posts

Back