Partner S50 no spark ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
Went and looked and somebody had already unhooked the kill wire checking the no spark like i was..
checked coil gap and is fine..
looks like only thing left is the coil ??
wiggled the plug wire while pulling with no result so it dont appear to be that.
this is made in sweden so i was wondering if it was a common coil and could be found from another model or another brand ??
have no idea where to find an IPL ..
tnx..

attachment.php

I have the s50, s55, s65 IPL in pdf format which I know I got somewhere on the web. If you have an email I can send to you.

Faulty coils in these models seem common, I had bought four destined for the junk pile and half were missing coils.

I was able to get a coil for the S65 from these guys up here in Canada.
http://www.babinsracing.com/contacts.cfm

Coil part no. 325030
I got one from PES+ if you can still find him he had more of them.
Pioneerguy600

Tnx Jerry,woodplayers sent me an IPL,thank you.
tried searching for PES+ and found nothing..
is this going to be one of those coils that are worth more than the saw is worth ??
seems like there would be SOMe interchangeability ??

Good news !!

It seems there IS some interchangeability !!

from a small engine forum if found this,truncated..

" After starting with the first one then opening each IPL to look at it, I think this saw is closest to the Partner S55. The IPE shows coil #325030 ...."

" This system needs to be grounded to run. "

" I noticed that the bolt pattern on the laminations of the signal generator looked the same as on a coil for a Husqvarna 262 . I happened to have a good used one of these on my bench so I bolted it onto the cylinder and got a strong healthy spark , the saw now runs . The only thing now is that the ignition switch is backwards as the replacement coil has to be open to run. "

And then i found THIS...

Fits: Husqvarna: 50, 51, 55, 254, 154, 257, 261, 262, 40, 45, 49, 268, 272 Jonsered: 490, 590, 2050, 2045, 2041, 2051, 2054, 2055, 670 Partner: 500, 5000, 540, Older 55cc 65cc 85cc...

Including the S50 that takes the same coil as the S55 that makes like THIRTY saws that can use the same coil ! :)

I just went down to the shed and pulled the starter off the S50 and had a husky 40 coil out and compared :) yes,same mount,same distance between gap points,plenty of clearance..will find out tomorrow..

That is good news, not many of the Partner saws show up around here but I did have to find a coil to fix a Partner cut off saw for a buddy of mine. PES+ fixed me up with one.
Pioneerguy600

There are two different coils and flywheels that I had found to be used between the S50 and S65.

Here is an S65 coil
coil3.jpg

Here is an S50 coil
s50coil.jpg

roncoinc does the S50 look like yours?

It seems there IS some interchangeability !!

from a small engine forum if found this,truncated..

" After starting with the first one then opening each IPL to look at it, I think this saw is closest to the Partner S55. The IPE shows coil #325030 ...."

" This system needs to be grounded to run. "

" I noticed that the bolt pattern on the laminations of the signal generator looked the same as on a coil for a Husqvarna 262 . I happened to have a good used one of these on my bench so I bolted it onto the cylinder and got a strong healthy spark , the saw now runs . The only thing now is that the ignition switch is backwards as the replacement coil has to be open to run. "

And then i found THIS...

Fits: Husqvarna: 50, 51, 55, 254, 154, 257, 261, 262, 40, 45, 49, 268, 272 Jonsered: 490, 590, 2050, 2045, 2041, 2051, 2054, 2055, 670 Partner: 500, 5000, 540, Older 55cc 65cc 85cc...

Including the S50 that takes the same coil as the S55 that makes like THIRTY saws that can use the same coil ! :)

I just went down to the shed and pulled the starter off the S50 and had a husky 40 coil out and compared :) yes,same mount,same distance between gap points,plenty of clearance..will find out tomorrow..

Ron, if thats the case then you can add quite a few more saws to that list that use that coil. The latest superceded # that I have found for them are 503901401.

That is the same coil I just put on a Poulan Pro 475 and would work on the 415, 445 and 505 as well as the Jonsered clones. Also the original Partners of that series.

I need to pickup another one of those myself. Good to know it will work on your partner as I have one like it myself.

s55/s65 ignition

Don't forget to trace those wires. Some of these saws, (if electronic) had a nice little module hidden in the front of the rear handle near below the throttle linkage. Most of the repairs I've done on them for no spark was that little guy instead of the coil. Hope this helps.
4000fixed:jawdrop:

Don't forget to trace those wires. Some of these saws, (if electronic) had a nice little module hidden in the front of the rear handle near below the throttle linkage. Most of the repairs I've done on them for no spark was that little guy instead of the coil. Hope this helps.
4000fixed:jawdrop:

4000fixed is right, roncoinc you will see the module in the IPL near the coil toward the bottom of the page. IIRC mine was the ignitron module but earlier models had a thyristor module mounted along with the coil.

4000fixed is right, roncoinc you will see the module in the IPL near the coil toward the bottom of the page. IIRC mine was the ignitron module but earlier models had a thyristor module mounted along with the coil.

What does IIRC mean... not to highjack you Ron but I see this all the time and can't figure it out.

So Ron,
Does it have spark now. I'm sure if you search that scrap pile of yours, you will find a coil.

If I remember correctly.

A husky 55 coil is what some have used on 7900/681s also.

What does IIRC mean... not to highjack you Ron but I see this all the time and can't figure it out.

So Ron,
Does it have spark now. I'm sure if you search that scrap pile of yours, you will find a coil.

IIRC....

If
I
Remember
Correctly

Found more

Found Skilsaw 1632,type 1..
and this,,

" I have a Mcculloch Promac 1000 .. that i have taken a shine to.
I have it sitting in the shed.
I bought it earlier this year as it looked very grunty.
It started and went though it was leaking chain bar oil so i didnt use it.
I thought i would take it to local chainsaw spannerman.
He fixed the oil leak .. put in a new O ring ...simple.
Though he couldn't get it to go.
He reckons it needs another IGNITION COIL .
ummmmmmmmmmm WHERE DO I GET ONE OF THESE or a cross reference part??
The IGINITION COIL i have in it ... has written PARTNER 325030 on it "

Wonder how THAT worked out ??

need to compile the list now :(

coil compilation

I,m sure the list can be added to..what i have so far.

Skilsaw 1632, Type 1,

Mcculloch Promac 1000 .

Husqvarna: 50, 51, 55, 254, 154, 257, 261, 262, 40, 45, 49, 268, 272 Jonsered: 490, 590, 2050, 2045, 2041, 2051, 2054, 2055, 670

Partner:S50,S55, 500, 5000, 540, Older 55cc 65cc 85cc...
( dont know about the S65 but looks like a bolt on )

Poulan Pro 475 and would work on the 415, 445 and 505 as well as the Jonsered clones. Also the original Partners of that series. (MM)

A husky 55 coil is what some have used on 7900/681s also (mdavlee)

Results :)

With the husky 40 coil in it ..
need to hook up switch now.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngvuPe4UFDA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngvuPe4UFDA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This S50 was with these saws that were given to me out of a barn last week..

attachment.php

got three of em running now :)

Latest posts

Back