Paul bunyon show in Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anybody going to the Paul Bunyon show? Has anybody been there before? Is it a good time?

Pete

Yes it is a very good show.Lots of competition.My nephew (Phill Helsel)won the hotsaw and the two man last year.If all works out we will be there this year.

Rick

Its at a different location then it has been, I saw on line.Cambridge ,Ohio

I am about an hour from the old show site. There is a lot of who-la (read BS) going around about the show. I am not sure what is going on. I have heard that the show has moved and that the show is not moving but a new one is starting. I noticed that the "official" show site lists precious few exhibitors and no saw Mfgs. I also noticed that the one in Cambridge is called the Official Paul Bunyan show. The whole deal smells like what happens when people smell money and get to fighting, damn shame if you ask me. If anyone has the scoop Id like to know if we should go to Nelsonville to the "old" show (if there is one?), or to Cambridge where there is few exhibitors listed. Or just stay home and play in the woods with our stuff.

Glad to see some posts on the show. I've not been to one of these yet and look forward to it. From what I've heard and read, the site was changed to get the show closer to larger markets. Money is probably always the bottom line and can't say I blame them.

Butch, I'll have on a camo cap from Wildlife League of Ohio County. I'll be watching for your orange Allis Chalmers.

buzz sawyer said:
Glad to see some posts on the show. I've not been to one of these yet and look forward to it. From what I've heard and read, the site was changed to get the show closer to larger markets. Money is probably always the bottom line and can't say I blame them.

Butch, I'll have on a camo cap from Wildlife League of Ohio County. I'll be watching for your orange Allis Chalmers.

I be sure to wear my A-C cap and probably will have two big burley boys with me, LOL. Still confused about the shows. Read over on the Hot saw site that there is going to be a show and lumberjack contest of some sort in Nelsonville the same day.

Iam going to try and make it there to the show.I've always wanted to go.It depends on where Iam working and what hours.

I live just down the road from the show in Nelsonville at Hocking Technical College, It's been there since I was a kid, 75 years as a matter of fact.

Here's a link to it telling the story about it no longer being held there:

http://www.paulbunyanshow.com/

Location Change for 2006 show

Looks like PB show has changed location, no longer at hocking hills.

Located: Paul Bunyan Show
October 6, 7 & 8, 2006
NEW LOCATION:
GUERNSEY COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
Cambridge, OH

here's the link
http://209.235.214.233/paulbunyan.html

Me and the missus and youngins planning to attend on saturday. Be wearing green Begley Tree tshirt with black Stihl hat. Holler at me if ya see me!
-Ralph

Latest posts

Back