PAY ATTENTION OUT THERE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad no one got hurt. Speaking only for myself as a firewood hack, I believe it is the faller’s responsibility to give instruction and know where everyone is before beginning the cut. After that the responsibility of ones whereabouts pretty much shifts as the faller has to give attention to the cut. Not saying the faller shouldn’t dismiss the safety of others just that he can’t give his full attention to where someone may have wandered once the cut begins nor can he stop a tree once it begins to fall. Nor can he timely retreat if he has to locate everyone first.

Ron
im always yelling and expecting feedback from my guys on the ground, yelling clear before finishing the cut - designated drop zones- no felling without feedback, so far so good however-even with all of that, a fast moving saw on the ground with clearing crew. the clearing crew, they also have a responsibility to be aware of where that saw is if they are anywhere near the cutting reach of the sawyer coming up from behind or pulling debris from the sawyers blind spot and there have only been a few close calls (nothing serious) apologies and bruised egos. may we all survive our blunders may grace follow us the days of our lives- tree work is dangerous- much respect to everyone much love!... and condolences to you if you have lost anyone working with trees. so far so good...............................

I just HATE those young smart-phone junkies. They can't do anything without one in their hand, but then again, they can't do anything period!

I just HATE those young smart-phone junkies. They can't do anything without one in their hand, but then again, they can't do anything period!
they will pay the price for doing so- lets hope the Universe goes easy on them and Grace protects them during their times of bad judgement calls.......... i was once a beginner too, blessed to still be alive! Aloha :)

DONT KNOW HOW WE GOT THINGS DONE BEFORE CELL PHONES.....BUT MAN I HATE CELL PHONE! NO PRIVACY ANY MORE AND PEOPLE GOT THEIR NOSES BURIED IN THEM AND DONT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO EACH OTHER MUCH LESS ANYTHING GOING ON AROUND THEM!

Latest posts

Back