Pay It Forward brings 5 Free Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if the sleeves through the muffler will like M6. I'm pretty sure if you take it to M8 you can thread in an M5 keensert. If it gets too far gone I may have a spare 45mm jug around. Or you could always go to 11 with a 346 top end.

I'm not sure if the sleeves through the muffler will like M6. I'm pretty sure if you take it to M8 you can thread in an M5 keensert. If it gets too far gone I may have a spare 45mm jug around. Or you could always go to 11 with a 346 top end.
Thanks. I looked at that, I think the M6 will fit. I'll let you know.
The inserts are so short, I'm wondering if I should try 2. I just don't know if the treads would line up.

Well I screwed up the Remington PL 4 today.
I took the muffler off and the piston looked good. I added plenty of oil to the piston and cylinder. I put gas in the tank and about a half a teaspoon in the carb. On the third pull it fired once. On the 4th pull it fired twice. I noticed something had changed. Tried to pull it again. It's locked up tight. Hopefully the cylinder will be okay.
20201127_001025.jpg

The big Stihl, poly flywheel 046?

I have a carcass or two for the orange ones. Looks like the needed parts are pretty common but if you get into them and need anything shoot me a PM.

One good turn deserves another ! Nice find Clint , have fun bud ! ;)

Take the muffler off and measure the bore diameter. 52mm is 046.

This just keeps getting better.
I emailed Stihl with the serial numbers and this is what I got back.

1607352520282.png

Their answer couldn't have been better.
I've been studying porting and timing for quite a while, so I'm set for saws to play with.
Santa is bring me some of the tools I will need.
Clint

View attachment 872408

I've been studying porting and timing for quite a while, so I'm set for saws to play with.
Clint
350 Husky is a good one to start with because you don't need any specialty tools to work the upper transfers.

350 Husky is a good one to start with because you don't need any specialty tools to work the upper transfers.
Thanks very much. I will consider that.
I called an old friend yesterday and during the conversation I told him about my new hobby of bring saws back to life. He has given me a Husky that has a broken chain tension adjuster.
I don't know the model yet, but it was sharpened twice.
Home owner size I'm guessing. I'll get it Wednesday.
We will see.

View attachment 872408

Clint

Great! The 046 will make a fun saw with some port work and a workover, I only have two left now plus two 044-046 hybrids, they come out when wood gets over 20" dia.

Great! The 046 will make a fun saw with some port work and a workover, I only have two left now plus two 044-046 hybrids, they come out when wood gets over 20" dia.
Thanks
I really like my 462C. It's just getting broke in. I went a little to far with the drags, (Which I have done before:p) but a couple more filings and it will be just right.
The 046 will be interesting for sure.
Clint

I got another free one yesterday.
Last Friday I gave a load of firewood to a couple in their 80's. Yesterday I was given this from there daughter and her husband.
They bought it as 1050 on Craigslist, but it's a C-71 or C-72 I believe. 2 inch bore.

It's much better on the inside.

Free 1050 1.jpg

Free 1050 2.jpg

Free 1050 3.jpg

Free 1050 12.jpg

Freew 1050 11.jpg

How the heck to fix those?
Free 1050 13.jpg

I got another freebie today. That makes 9 freebies since I started this hobby of resurrecting saws in September.
I was told the chain tensioner was broken. He missed the hole in the bar.
I cleaned some pine tar off it and got the chain like I like it. I stuck in some white oak and was surprised how well the little 36cc cut.
I called him and offered it back, but he said enjoy it.

Husky 36 I.jpg

Husky 36 II.jpg

@lone wolf
@pioneerguy600
@cuinrearview
@Broken

Did I get lucky?
I need a ignition and carb for the 046 that I got for free.
In December I ordered a $22.99 kit on Ebay. They have now gone up to $26.99.
Today I installed most items. I put about a tea spoon of fuel mix in the carb and it started on the 5th pull. I was more than surprised.
After very little adjusting, it idles great and the throttle response is great.

I need to buy a clutch drive cover and air filter parts before I can put it in wood.

1610236264079.png
046.jpg

@lone wolf
@pioneerguy600
@cuinrearview
@Broken

Did I get lucky?
I need a ignition and carb for the 046 that I got for free.
In December I ordered a $22.99 kit on Ebay. They have now gone up to $26.99.
Today I installed most items. I put about a tea spoon of fuel mix in the carb and it started on the 5th pull. I was more than surprised.
After very little adjusting, it idles great and the throttle response is great.

I need to buy a clutch drive cover and air filter parts before I can put it in wood.

View attachment 881273
View attachment 881274

Back